What you need
In order to set up your receipt printer, you'll first need to make sure you have the following:
|Ethernet (LAN) cable|
Make sure you have 80mm receipt rolls. To load your receipt roll, open the latch on the top right of the printer, place the roll inside and pull some of the paper through before closing the lid.
Cash drawer (optional)
You may also wish to set up your cash drawer at the same time, to do this you'll need a specialized cash drawer cable. This is similar looking to an ethernet cable but is smaller on one end.
Setting up your TM-m30III for iPad
- Remove the back and bottom covers of your printer.
- Using the Ethernet cable, connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the back of the printer and the other end to your router.
- Connect the AC adapter to your printer.
- Connect the AC cable to the AC adapter and an electrical outlet.
- Attach the bottom and back covers to your printer.
- Turn on your printer.
The power LED light will stop blinking and become solid once your printer is ready.
Inserting a paper roll
- To open the printer's cover, push the lever on the right-hand side of the cover away from you and lift the cover upwards.
- Insert the paper roll in the following orientation. While doing so, make sure the paper roll stays taut and doesn't unroll.
- Pull the paper out past the cutter at the front of the printer.
- Push the cover down to snap the lever shut.
Connecting your TM-m30II to Retail POS
- Open the Retail POS app and tap the Menu icon (☰)
- Select Settings > Hardware.
- Under Receipt printers, tap Add a printer.
- A modal will display to add your printer. The Find a printer that's ready to add option will search and show printers that are already connected to the network. Your printer will be listed under connected printers. If your printer is not on the network, tap Follow steps to connect and add a printer.
- Perform a hardware self-test by following the on-screen instructions and tap Next.
- Select your printer brand (Epson) and printer model (TM-m30III), then tap Next.
- Select Ethernet as the connection type and tap Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions (depending on connection type) and tap Add printer once completed.
- Confirm the printer you want to add by selecting it under connected printers and tap Next.
- Your printer is now added and paired with Retail POS. You can choose to rename your printer, perform a Test print, or tap Finish.
Printing a test receipt
- Tap the Menu icon (☰) to open the sidebar and select Sales history.
- Tap a sale to expand it.
- Tap Print receipt.
- Select the receipt template you’d like to use and tap Print.