Lightspeed sets up your payment gateway for you, so you don’t have to configure it yourself. However, you will need to activate the gateway before you can process transactions with Lightspeed Payments. You can also customize the gateway by enabling or disabling payment processing features, such as tipping and online payments.
Activating the Lightspeed Payments gateway
- Log in to your Retail POS store using the Account Owner or Admin user credentials.
- Navigate to Setup > Payment types and click Begin setup on the Begin setting up Lightspeed Payments banner.
- Follow the Lightspeed Payments prompts.
- When you return to Retail POS, enter a Display name for the payment type.
- Select the Outlet you wish this payment type to be available for.
- Click Save Payment type to save your changes.
Pairing your Lightspeed Payments terminal
Once your Lightspeed Payments payment type has been created, you can pair a payment terminal to your Retail POS account.
The following terminals are compatible with Lightspeed Payments:
Important: Lightspeed Payments payment terminals must be obtained from Lightspeed. Payment terminals purchased through third-party vendors are not supported.
Customizing Lightspeed Payments
Lightspeed Payments merchants who are using a supported payment terminal can enable the ability to add a tip on the terminal screen. This creates a more seamless customer experience, allowing you to streamline your checkout process.
For more information on tipping, see our article Tipping with Lightspeed Payments.
Setting up Lightspeed Payments for eCom
Eligible Retail POS merchants can take payments with Lightspeed Payments both in-store and online via their eCom (E-Series) store.
For more information on Lightspeed Payments for eCom, see our article Setting up Lightspeed Payments for eCom (E-Series) with Retail POS (X-Series).