The Epson TM-m10 in USB is not supported via the Register app for iPad on X-Series.
What you need
In order to set up your receipt printer, you'll first need to make sure you have the following:
1. Remove the back and bottom covers of your printer.
2. Connect the power cable to your printer and to an electrical outlet.
3. Attach the bottom and the back covers to your printer, and then turn on your printer.
4. Lift the gray latch to open the cover, load the paper, and close the cover on the paper.
5. Wait for the status light to turn solid blue and for the other lights to turn off.
Make sure that the iPad is up to date, and that there are no pending updates. The Epson printer needs to establish a connection on an updated iOS. To view this, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
For more information on iOS support, please click here.
Connecting the Epson TM-m10 to your iPad and Retail POS
You'll need to connect the printer to your iPad in Bluetooth settings. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPad.
2. Tap the Bluetooth option > General Settings.
3. Ensure Bluetooth is turned on. On the Bluetooth setting page, the Bluetooth toggle should be green and switched to the right. If the toggle is to the left and in gray, tap again to ensure Bluetooth is on.4. On the Bluetooth page under My Devices on the iPad, tap the printer name to connect. The name of your printer should look like TM-m10_XXXXXX.
5. Open the Retail POS app and tap the Menu icon (☰).
6. Select Settings > Hardware.
7. Under Receipt printers, tap Add a printer.
8. A modal will appear to add your printer. Tap Follow steps to connect and add a printer > Next.
9. To get your printer ready and perform a hardware self-test, connect your printer to a power source leaving your printer off and load your receipt paper roll in your printer and close your printer’s lid shut.
10. Press and hold the FEED button and turn on your printer.
11. Once your hardware self-test receipt prints, tap Next.
12. Select your printer and tap Next.
13. Select your printer model and tap Next.
14. Under Connected printers, you will see your TM-m10 model listed—Tap Add printer.
15. Your iPad will ask you to select a Bluetooth accessory. Tap on your printer's name. There may be a delay before seeing your printer's name as compatible devices may appear.
16. Your printer is now connected to Retail POS. You can choose to rename your printer, perform a Test print, or tap Finish.
Connecting the cash drawer (optional)
Once you've got the printer all set up, you can connect up the cash drawer.
The cash drawer connects to your receipt printer and is triggered to open when you finish a cash or cheque sale, and the printer prints the receipt. A manager or admin can also manually open the cash drawer directly within Retail.
To set up the cash drawer, open up the Retail POS app and follow the instructions below:
1. Tap the Menu icon (☰) to open the sidebar.
2. Tap Settings and choose Hardware.
3. Select the printer you want to attach the cash drawer to.
4. Plug the RJ12 connector cable from the cash drawer into the receipt printer.
5. On the printer settings page, toggle the Cash drawer enabled setting to On.
6. Toggle the Open cash on sale setting to On.
Perform a test print
Now that your Epson TM-m10 is installed you can start using it to print your receipts in Retail POS.
To perform a test print, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Sell > Sales History.
2. Click a sale to expand it.
3. Click Print receipt.
4. Select the receipt template you’d like to use.
This will take you to the print preview screen. If the Epson is not your default printer, click Change and select the printer from the list.
Once that's been changed you should be able to print out a receipt.