The Epson TM-m10 in USB is not supported via the Register app for iPad on X-Series.
What you need
In order to set up your receipt printer, you'll first need to make sure you have the following:
1. Remove the back and bottom covers of your printer.
2. Connect the LAN cable to your printer and a LAN port on your router or wall.
3. Connect the power cable to your printer.
4. Connect the power cable to an electrical outlet.
5. Attach the bottom and the back covers to your printer, and then turn on your printer.
6. Lift the gray latch to open the cover, load the paper, and close the cover on the paper.
7. Wait for the status light to turn solid blue and for the other lights to turn off.
You will need the IP address to connect the printer to your iPad. To find this, switch the printer off, turn it back on, and wait 10-15 seconds until the network configuration slip is printed. Once printed, you can connect the printer to the register app.
Connecting the Epson TM-m10 to your iPad and Retail POS
1. On your iPad, make sure that you are connected to the Wi-Fi connection in your store.
2. Open the Retail POS app and tap the Menu icon (☰).
3. Select Settings > Hardware.
4. Under Receipt printers, tap Add a printer.
5. A pop-up window will appear. The Find a printer that's ready to add option will search and show printers that are already connected to the network. Your printer will be listed under connected printers.
If your printer is not on the network, tap Follow steps to connect and add a printer.
6. Perform a hardware self-test by following the on-screen instructions and tap Next.
7. Select your printer brand.
8. Select your printer model.
9. Select your printer's connection type and tap Next.
10. Follow the on-screen instructions depending on your connection type and tap Add printer once completed.
11. Confirm the printer you want to add by selecting it under connected printers and tap Next.
12. Your printer is now added and paired with Retail POS. You can choose to rename your printer, perform a Test print, or tap Finish.
Connecting the cash drawer (optional)
Once you've got the printer all set up, you can connect up the cash drawer.
The cash drawer connects to your receipt printer and is triggered to open when you finish a cash or cheque sale, and the printer prints the receipt. A manager or admin can also manually open the cash drawer directly within Retail.
To set up the cash drawer, open up the Retail POS app and follow the instructions below:
1. Tap the Menu icon (☰) to open the sidebar
2. Tap Settings and choose Hardware
3. Select the printer you want to attach the cash drawer to
4. Plug the RJ12 connector cable from the cash drawer into the receipt printer.
5. On the printer settings page, toggle the Cash drawer enabled setting to On
6. Toggle the Open cash on sale setting to On
Perform a test print
Now that your Epson TM-m30II or TM-m30II-NT is installed you can start using it to print your receipts in Retail POS.
To perform a test print, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Sell > Sales History
2. Click a sale to expand it
3. Click Print receipt
4. Select the receipt template you’d like to use
This will take you to the print preview screen. If the Epson is not your default printer, click Change and select the printer from the list.
Once that's been changed you should be able to print out a receipt.