In addition to selling merchandise, your business may also provide services, such as repairs, cleaning, or maintenance. With Lightspeed Retail (X-Series) you can label sales as service sales on the Sell screen, allowing you to clearly and easily track pending and completed services.
Creating a service sale
Service sales can be created directly from the Sell screen in Lightspeed Retail.
- Navigate to Sell > Sell.
- Attach a customer to your sale.
- Add the desired products and any discount you wish to offer your customer.
- Select More actions > Create service.
- Confirm the information on the screen and select Create service.
Note: If an email or phone number is not attached to the customer profile, you will be prompted to enter the customer’s contact information before a service can be created.
- Click Pay to complete the sale.
Note: Service sales cannot be processed as a Layby sale and cannot be paid for with the On Account payment type.
Any products attached to a service sale are immediately removed from your store’s inventory once payment is completed.
Marking a service sale as complete
By default, all service sales are pending until they are marked as completed through the Sales History screen. To mark a pending service sale as completed through Lightspeed Retail:
- Navigate to Sell > Sales History.
- To locate the sale, filter by status, customer, or receipt ID.
- Once you have located the desired sale, click it to expand the detailed view.
- Click Mark as complete.
Note: You can use the Status column to filter service sales by status. The Pending status shows all service sales that aren’t marked as completed. The Completed status shows all sales marked as completed.