Lightspeed Payments is the simplest way to integrate your payment processing with Lightspeed Retail. Because Lightspeed Payments lives within Retail POS, this enables you to both run your business and manage your transactions all in one seamless Lightspeed experience.
The self-service application module is currently only available for US merchants. For all other applications, contact your sales representative to apply for Lightspeed Payments.
Required information to apply for Lightspeed Payments
In order to process your application as quickly as possible, it is important that you provide accurate information. The information you are required to provide includes:
- Document signer’s personal information: This includes your home address and SSN, as required by FINCEN. Lightspeed reserves the right to run a credit check if necessary.
- Legal Business Name: This is the Sole Proprietorship/LLC/Corporation name that you registered with the Secretary of State. Your business needs to maintain a status of Active or In Good Standing.
- Tax ID (FEIN): The Tax ID has to match your legal business name under IRS records. If we can’t find your Tax ID in IRS records, you can also provide your FEIN letter. This will be your SSN if you operate as a Sole Proprietorship.
- Business address: We need to verify your business operating location.
- Bank Account: A bank account associated with the Sole Proprietorship/LLC/Corporation name provided in the application is required. This is the account where your processed funds will be deposited.
In some cases, more information may be required to complete your application. The Lightspeed Payments Underwriting team will reach out to you if they need further clarification or if there is any information missing from your application.
Applying for Lightspeed Payments with the self-service application
- Login to your Retail POS using the Account Owner or other Admin user.
- Navigate to Setup > Payment types.
- In the Lightspeed Payments banner, click Set up Lightspeed Payments
- Select the Outlet you wish to use Lightspeed Payments in.
- Click Activate Payments
- Fill in all required fields and click Save and continue. Repeat this step until the entire application has been completed
- Review your application to ensure all information is correct and click Submit.
If you have multiple locations, repeat the application process for each outlet.
Your application will be reviewed in the order it was received. Once accepted, you will be notified via email and in the Lightspeed Payments Merchant Portal.
For steps on setting up Lightspeed Payments, refer to our Setting up the WisePOS E terminal with Lightspeed Payments for Retail POS (X-series) guide.
For more information on deposit schedules and payouts, refer to our Getting Paid with Lightspeed Payments for Retail POS (X-Series) guide.