With product history, you can review all changes made to a product, including who made the change, exactly what was changed, and where that change came from. This functionality grants you full control and visibility over your product catalog changes.
Accessing a product history
To access a product history, navigate to your product catalog (Catalog > Products). Here you can locate the product that you wish to review, using the filters if required.
Once the product has been located, click the product to expand, then click the Product history tab.
Understanding product history information
The product history tab displays primary information in two columns, Action and Made by.
Action denotes what change has taken place and states the time and date this action occured. It also includes what platform the action was made via. This is split into the following platforms:
- Web: actions via Web have been made using the Edit product page in Retail POS
- Spreadsheets: actionss via Spreadsheets are those that have been imported using a CSV/XLS file on the Catalog page.
- Apps: actionss via Apps are those that have been made using Retail POS app partners such as eCom (E-Series) and Xero. This can also include third-party apps).
- API: actions via API are those that require the use of Personal Tokens. These actions will only be supported using Retail POS API V2.0 For more information about using the Retail POS API, refer to the API documents.
- Lightspeed Scanner: actions via Lightspeed Scanner are those using the Lightspeed Scanner mobile app.
Made by denotes who or what has made an action. This can be a Retail POS user, a connected app (eCom, Xero, etc), API connection, or mobile app.
By clicking the action, an expanded view will be displayed. This contains the secondary product history information broken into three columns for standard products (Field, Changed from and Changed to) and four for products with variants (includes Variant).
Field denotes what information has been edited on the specified product and corresponds with all the fields found within the Edit product page.
Changed from denotes what information was recorded in this field prior to the edit being made. Changed to denotes the information that was recorded as part of the edit.
When a product is a product with variants, the secondary product history information will also include a Variant column. The Variant column specifies which variant in a variant family the field edit relates to.
When a field is captured at a variant family level, the variant column will be left blank.