We know you must be eager to start selling using Retail POS (X-Series)! Before you do so, you must set up your new iPad. To set up your iPad, follow these steps:
- On your iPad, hold down the Top button until the Apple logo appears onscreen.
- Follow Apple's setup instructions.
- You should now be on the Home screen of your iPad.
- To join your Wi-Fi network, tap Settings > Wi-Fi on your iPad.
- On the right Wi-Fi panel, select your network from the list.
- Enter your password and tap Join. You will see your Wi-Fi network listed under the Wi-Fi switch and have a checkmark to the left of it. If you have issues joining your network, please follow Apple's troubleshooting steps.
- To install the Retail POS (X-Series) app, open the App Store.
- In the search bar, enter "Retail POS (X)" and tap Search.
- To the right of Lightspeed Retail POS (X), tap Get > Install.
- In the alert, tap Create New Apple ID and follow Apple's onscreen instructions. Alternatively, tap Use Existing Apple ID and sign in.
If you are creating a new Apple ID, select None from the payment type options to avoid having to enter your credit card information. As your employees will be using your iPad, only use an existing Apple ID if it was created for business purposes.
11. Once the installation is complete, tap Open.
Well done! You are now ready to start exploring Retail POS.
To set it up Retail POS on your iPad, please read Setting up Retail POS (X-Series) on iPad.