The Zebra DS2208 barcode scanner is a corded scanner and is compatible with 1D and 2D barcodes. To set it up and start scanning items, requires little to no assembly.
To set up the Zebra DS2208 barcode scanner, you will need:
- Barcode scanner
- USB cable
- Cradle (optional)
To set it up:
- Connect the USB cable to the base of your scanner.
- Connect the barcode scanner to a USB port on your computer.
If you are connecting the scanner to a Mac and you see a Keyboard Setup Assistant pop-up, do not click continue. Click the red X in the upper left-hand corner to cancel the pop-up.
3. Enable an automatic carriage return after a scan by scanning the barcode below (also found in the Quick Start Guide packaged with your scanner):
4. From the main menu in Retail POS (X-Series), navigate to Sell > Sell.
5. Scan a product into the Search for products field.
If the item you scanned appears, well done! Your scanner is now officially set up. The scanner will continue to function this way as long as the computer it's connected to is powered on.
You can also rest your barcode scanner in its cradle when not in use if the cradle was included in your bundle or you have purchased one separately.