The Zebra CS4070 barcode scanner connects to your iPad via Bluetooth and allows you to scan your items wirelessly. It's compatible with 1D and 2D barcodes.
If scanning the barcodes directly from your iPad's screen doesn't work, try printing this help article and scanning the printed copy of the barcodes instead. If you do, however, make sure to not stretch them in the printing process as it'll make it unscannable. The barcodes are also available in the Zebra's CS4070 Scanner product reference guide that came with your barcode scanner.
What you will need
Once your barcode scanner arrives in the mail, you'll need to take out the following items from the box in order to start your setup:
- Zebra CS4070 barcode scanner
- Micro USB cable
- Zebra's CS4070 scanner product reference guide
Zebra's CS4070 scanner product reference guide is helpful to have on hand in your shop if you want a paper copy of the Zebra barcodes included in the Help articles. You can also refer to it for more in-depth information about the CS4070 barcode scanner.
Before your begin
Before using it in your shop for the first time, insert the battery in the section located in the back of your barcode scanner and fully charge it.
- Insert the battery in the back of your barcode scanner.
- Connect one end of the micro USB cable to the micro USB port at the bottom of the barcode scanner.
- Connect the other end of the micro USB cable to your computer's USB port.
To indicate that the barcode scanner is charging, the LED light at the top of the scanner will flash amber. Once fully charged, the LED light will turn solid green. If you click the battery level key, all four battery level LED lights will also turn green.
Pair your barcode scanner with your iPad
- Press the scan key (+) to power on your barcode scanner.
- By default, your barcode scanner is set to HID keyboard mode. To use your barcode scanner and keyboard at the same time in the Retail POS app, you need to set it to Bluetooth MFi_SSI mode. To do so, scan the barcode below directly from your iPad's screen. The barcode scanner will beep and its Bluetooth LED light will start flashing quickly.
- On your iPad, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
- In the Bluetooth panel, enable the Bluetooth switch.
- Under OTHER DEVICES, tap your barcode scanner. Once the pairing process is complete, your barcode scanner displays as Connected under My DEVICES. The blue Bluetooth LED light will also flash slowly.
- Launch the Retail POS (X-Series) app.
- Go to Settings > Hardware.
Your Zebra barcode scanner connection status will appear in the list of hardware.