Lightspeed Payments provides everything you need to process sales and get paid.
The BBPOS Chipper 2XBT is a small, portable, bluetooth card reader that empowers you to take card payments quickly and easily when paired with your iPad and Lightspeed Payments. It is capable of reading magstripe cards, EMV-enabled cards, and contactless NFC card tapping.
Supported payment terminal
- BBPOS Chipper 2XBT (iPad)
Fully charge the BBPOS Chipper 2XBT before setting it up. The provided micro USB cable is used exclusively for charging the device — it cannot be used to establish a connection with your iPad. Charge the Mobile Tap for at least 3 hours before using it.
When fully charged, the Mobile Tap should last for 800 EMV transactions, or over 5000 magnetic card swipe transactions, or over 1000 EMV contactless transactions. We strongly recommend you recharge the device nightly.
Once charged, power on the BBPOS Chipper 2XBT by pressing and releasing the power button located on the side of the device. It can be manually turned off by pressing and holding the same power button until the status lights are off.
- Login to your Vend store using the Account Owner or another Admin user
- Navigate to Setup -> Payment Types and click Begin Setup on the Begin setting up Lightspeed Payments banner
- Follow the Lightspeed Payments login and setup prompts
- Once back in Vend, input a Display Name for the payment type
- Select which Outlets you wish this payment type to be available for
- Continue to Lightspeed Payments terminal the pairing section below
- Open the Vend iPad app and tap the Menu icon
- Navigate to Settings -> Hardware
- In the Lightspeed Payments section, tap Connect to bluetooth terminal
- From the Nearby Bluetooth Devices menu, select the BBPOS Chipper 2XBT that is displayed
- Accept the Bluetooth Pairing Request by tapping Pair
- The terminal has been successfully connected when Connected to BBPOS Chipper 2XBT is displayed in the Lightspeed Payments section
Minimum payment amount of $0.50 in local currency (US, Canada, and Australia) or £0.30 (UK) applies to all transactions
The status light (found near the power button) on the BBPOS Chipper 2XBT represent different readiness states:
- No light: the reader is off.
- Flashing blue every second: the reader is on and ready to be paired.
- Solid blue light: the reader is on and connected.
- Flashing blue every 5 seconds: the reader is in standby mode to conserve power.
- Flashing red: the reader's battery is low and in need of recharging.
- Alternating red and magenta: the battery is recharging.
- Rapidly flashing blue and orange: The reader has finished installing a software update. If the reader is unresponsive after the update completes, restart the reader by turning it off and on.
In addition to the status light, there are 4 NFC status indicator lights on the reader. When the first of these is lit, the reader is ready to accept a payment via tap. When all 4 are lit and accompanied by an audible beep, the payment has been successfully accepted.