Canada, United Kingdom, and Australia
Lightspeed Payments provides everything you need to process sales and get paid. To get set up with Lightspeed Payments on iPad, follow the steps below:
Supported payment terminal
- WisePad 3 (iOS)
When connected to the Retail POS app on iPad, the WisePad 3 terminal leverages the iPad internet connection for processing. This means that as long as the iPad has Wi-Fi or mobile coverage, the WisePad 3 terminal will be operational for payments.
Add the Lightspeed Payments Payment Type in Retail POS
- Login to your Retail POS store using the Account Owner or another Admin user
- Navigate to Setup > Payment types and click Begin setup on the Begin setting up Lightspeed Payments banner
- Follow the Lightspeed Payments login and setup prompts
- Once back in Retail POS, enter a Name for the payment type
- Select which Outlets you wish this payment type to be available for
- Continue to Lightspeed Payments terminal the pairing section below
Pairing the WisePad 3 terminal to an iPad
- Open the Retail POS app on iPad and tap the Menu icon (☰)
- Navigate to Settings > Hardware
- In the Lightspeed Payments section, tap Connect to bluetooth terminal
- From the Nearby Bluetooth Devices menu, select the WisePad 3 terminal that is displayed
- Accept the Bluetooth Pairing Request by tapping Pair
- The terminal has been successfully connected when Connected to WisePad 3 is displayed in the Lightspeed Payments section
Minimum payment amount of $0.50 in local currency (US, Canada, and Australia) or £0.30 (UK) applies to all transactions
For steps on taking payments using Lightspeed Payments, refer to our Taking payment with Lightspeed Payments for Retail POS (X-Series) guide.
If you're having issues connecting your Lightspeed Payments terminal, refer to our Troubleshooting your Lightspeed Payments for Retail POS (X-Series) guide.