How does the Mailchimp integration customer syncing work with Retail POS?
- Retail POS for Mac, PC or iPad
Customer info only syncs from Retail POS to Mailchimp. If Retail POS uses an existing email address, it will be overwritten in Mailchimp.
Once you turn the integration on, it is a one way sync from Retail POS to Mailchimp.
Customer fields which sync:
- Member status (unsubscribed / subscribed)
- First name
- Last name
- Phone (not to be confused with the 'Mobile' field, which doesn't sync)
- Once you turn the integration on, it is a one way sync from Retail POS to Mailchimp
- If you edit a customer in Retail POS, it will edit the customer in Mailchimp but not vice versa
- New customers created in Mailchimp will not sync to Retail POS
- If a customer in the audience you are syncing to in Mailchimp has the same email address as the customer you are creating in Retail POS, the customer in Mailchimp will be overwritten when the customer is created in Retail POS