The Scanner by Vend app turns your Android device into a powerful mobile barcode scanner. Count inventory using the camera right from your mobile phone or tablet with no additional hardware required.
To sign in to Scanner by Vend using your Vend Account details follow the steps below:
1. Tap the Account tab and then tap the Sign in to Vend button.
2. Next, enter your Vend store URL followed by the email/username and password you use to sign in to your Vend store.
An inventory count must be created in Vend on your Mac or PC before it can be started in the Scanner By Vend for Android app.
Once you have created an inventory count, click on the count shown in the Counts view to get started.
To begin counting products, use the in-app camera to scan a product barcode.
You can also manually input the quantity of a product by clicking on it from the list.
Once you have finished counting all your products, click Finish in the top right of the app. Your count will now be ready for review and approval in Vend.
Reviewing your count
Once your count is submitted, you'll need to review your counted items in Vend on a Mac or PC.
To do this, open Vend on your Mac or PC and navigate to Inventory -> Inventory Count. Find the in-progress count from the list.
Click this count and click review.
When you open the review page, you will see five tabs along the top:
- Unmatched: This lists all items that had a count greater or less than the expected amount. This includes items where you expected a negative amount and counted 0.
- Matched: This lists all items you've counted where the total counted equals the expected amount.
- Uncounted: This lists all items where the total counted is 0. This includes items with an expected count of 0.
- Excluded: Any items you manually exclude from your count.
- All items.
Review the items in your count, especially the unmatched and uncounted items. If you have discrepancies, you can:
Tick the box next to an item, and choose to exclude the item from the count, OR
Tick the box next to an item, and choose 'Recount items'. This will set the count for these items to zero, so you can count the items again.
Click 'Resume Count' at the bottom of the page, and count the items again.
At the bottom of the page, you will see the overall unit gain and loss as well as the cost totals.
Once you've checked and confirmed your count, and are satisfied all items are accounted for, click 'Complete'.
Remember, don't do this until ALL of your staff have completed and saved their counts on their Android devices.
If you have any uncounted items, we'll alert you, as the inventory count for these items will be set to 0 when you click submit.
Once you've clicked complete, the count will now show in the completed list in both Scanner and Vend.
We want your feedback!
Scanner by Vend (Android) is currently in Beta testing and we want to hear about your experience using it.
Let us know your thoughts and feelings about Scanner by Vend (Android) by navigating to the Account tab and tapping Send us your feedback.