Setting up Alipay and WeChat
Alipay and WeChat are electronic payment methods available to Chinese citizens. This article outlines the steps for setting up AliPay and WeChat Pay to Vend retailers in the UK.
You will need to get in contact with China Big Data before the setup process to receive your pre-configured URL to setup the payment method.
Setting up the payment type
- Go to Setup > Payment Types
- Click Add Payment Type
- Choose Other Payment Method from the drop-down menu
- Click Begin Setup
- Add a name e.g. 'Alipay and WeChat'
- In the Gateway field enter 'https://gateway.ipayrmb.co.uk/web.domainname/' (URL should have been provided by China Big Data).
- AliChat and WeChat should now appear as a payment option on the Sell Screen.
Taking a payment using Alipay and WeChat
To accept payment via Alipay or WeChat:
- Create a Sale in the Sell Screen
- Click Pay
- Click your 'Alipay and WeChat' payment method
- You will then see an option to 'Alipay' or 'WeChat'
- The customer will then need to scan the QR code using their Alipay or Wechat app
- Once the payment is processed, it will push back to Vend letting you know the payment is complete