If your Vend store is connected to BigCommerce, and you use Gift Certificates online, you will be able to use them in Vend to complete purchases.
This feature is available on our Pro plan and up.
This feature is only available on web and iOS version 3.8.4 or greater.
Enabling Gift Certificates
To get started, you will first need to enable the BigCommerce Gift Certificate feature. To do this, please follow the steps below:
- In Vend, click Setup
- Click Add-ons
- Click the pencil icon next to BigCommerce
- Under "Redeem gift certificates in-store" click Update Permissions
- In BigCommerce, login
- Click confirm to update permissions
- In Vend, select Redeem gift certificates in-store
- Click Save Changes
Using Gift Certificates
Once the Gift Certificate permissions are enabled, you will be able to use them as a payment type when processing sales. To do that, please follow the steps below:
- On the Sell screen, add products to a sale as normal
- Click Pay when ready
- Click the BigCommerce Gift Certificate payment type
- Enter the Gift Certificate Code
- Click Pay with gift certificate to complete the sale
Partial payments with Gift Certificates
If the shopper only wants to pay a certain amount by Gift Certificate, simply change the Amount to Pay value on the Sell screen.
If the sale value is greater than the Gift Certificate, you can use up the entire Gift Certificate balance and pay the remaining sale amount with another payment type.
Gift Certificates and Reporting
If you are looking to view reports on Gift Certificate purchases, you will be able to use the reports below:
- Sales Report - Gift Certificates will show as a product, and will show total value issued as revenue.
- Payment Report - Gift Certificates show as a payment type and will display total value issued.
Online redemptions of Gift Certificates will not appear in the payment report.
Gift Certificates and accounting integrations
Balances from Gift Certificates issued online will be accounted for in retailers’ liability reporting.
Redemptions from Gift Certificates online and in-store will be accounted for in retailers’ revenue reporting.
On the Settings page, you cannot check the Redeem gift certificates in-store feature until your permissions are updated.
Purchases made in-store with a Gift Certificate cannot be refunded back on the Gift Certificates.
While BigCommerce’s gift certificates can be redeemed in-store, Vend Gift Cards cannot be redeemed online.
For users with the Xero integration enabled, we will map the BigCommerce gift certificate redemption to the same account as your Vend gift cards. If you don't have Vend gift cards enabled, we recommend that you turn this on.