- Once your Vend and WooCommerce accounts are connected, Vend becomes the system of record.
- You should manage your product catalogue, pricing and inventory information in Vend to ensure everything stays accurate and up-to-date.
- WooCommerce feeds important information back to Vend such as online sales, new customer or existing customer information associated with a sale, and inventory from a sale to keep stock levels in sync.
- Please click the following link for more on how to use the WooCommerce integration!
Updating products linked with WooCommerce
Once you have linked your products in both WooCommerce and Vend, apart from the exceptions below, your product will always be updated. All other fields (name, price, tags, description, quantity etc.), including new variants to a product, should be edited in Vend when you make updates to your product.
The exceptions are:
*For all connections prior to 20 May 2021 (all new connections made after this date can manage images in Vend).
When you edit a product in Vend, WooCommerce will be updated when you save the changes. Sometimes, updates take a while to process. If the update does not publish after 1 hour, contact our Support Team.
If you need to update a large volume of products, you can complete this via CSV import.
Hiding products linked with WooCommerce
If you make any changes to a hidden product in Vend, it should be made visible again in WooCommerce.
You can toggle the visibility of a product in Vend if you do not wish to display it in WooCommerce. This can be useful if a product is seasonal, or you no longer sell the product currently but may sell it again at some point in the future.
To hide a product on Vend, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Catalog -> Products and locate the product you wish to disable
2. Click the product to expand and click Edit
3. Once on the Edit Product screen, under the Product Type field, click on the green toggle for Sell on Point-of-Sale. This will turn the toggle grey and will disable the product in both Vend and WooCommerce
It will no longer be accessible on your WooCommerce store or the Vend Sell screen. However, it does not break the link between the product in Vend and WooCommerce, so any updates made to the product in Vend will still carry across to the product in WooCommerce.
To confirm that this has worked, navigate to Catalog -> Products and click on the name of the product. Then click the View on WooCommerce button on the product page.
Deleting products linked with WooCommerce
I only want to delete the product from my WooCommerce store ONLY.
You may not want to delete a product from your Vend store, as you can report on the deleted product. This is useful for items you no longer have in inventory, and will not be reordering.
This does not apply to products with variants. You must delete the variant in Vend to remove it from WooCommerce.
To delete the product from your WooCommerce store, follow the steps below:
1. In Vend, navigate to Catalog -> Products
2. Click on the name of the product you wish to delete. This will take you to the product detail page.
3. Click the Unpublish button. This will break the link with WooCommerce. The item will continue to appear on your WooCommerce store at this stage, therefore you will need to delete the item from your WooCommerce store.
I want to delete the product from my Vend store ONLY.
In Vend, click the Unpublish button on the product page. This will break the link with WooCommerce. The item will still appear on your WooCommerce store at this stage. Next, delete the item from your Vend store.
This is useful for items you only sell online and do not want to linked with Vend.
I want to delete the product from my Vend store AND my WooCommerce store.
To delete the product in both your Vend and WooCommerce store, always delete the product in Vend. Click on Delete Product on the product detail page of the product. This will update your WooCommerce store. Do NOT manually delete the product in WooCommerce.