Pro Enterprise | Standard Advanced
- Once your Retail POS and WooCommerce accounts are connected, Retail POS becomes the system of record.
- You should manage your product catalog, pricing, and inventory information in Retail POS to ensure everything stays accurate and up-to-date.
- WooCommerce feeds important information back to Retail POS, such as online sales, new customer or existing customer information associated with a sale, and inventory from a sale to keep stock levels in sync.
- Click the following link to learn how to use the WooCommerce integration!
Updating products linked with WooCommerce
Once you have linked your products in both WooCommerce and Retail POS, apart from the exceptions below, your product will always update. All other fields (name, price, tags, description, quantity, etc.), including new variants to a product, should be updated in Retail POS.
The exceptions are:
*For all connections prior to May 20, 2021 (all new connections made after this date can manage images in Retail POS).
When you edit a product in Retail POS, WooCommerce will be updated when you save the changes. Sometimes, updates take a while to process. If the update does not publish after 1 hour, contact Retail Support.
If you need to update a large volume of products, you can complete this via CSV import.
Hiding products linked with WooCommerce
If you make any changes to a hidden product in Retail POS, it should be made visible again in WooCommerce.
You can toggle the visibility of a product in Retail POS if you do not wish to display it in WooCommerce. This can be useful if a product is seasonal, or you no longer sell the product currently but may sell it again at some point in the future.
To hide a product on Retail POS:
- Navigate to Catalog > Products and locate the product you wish to disable.
- Click the product to go to the edit product screen.
- Under the Product category field, check the box for Sell on point-of-sale. This will disable the product in both Retail POS and WooCommerce.
It will no longer be accessible on your WooCommerce store or the Retail POS sell screen. However, it does not break the link between the product in Retail POS and WooCommerce, so any updates made to the product in Retail POS will still carry across to the product in WooCommerce.
To confirm that this has worked, navigate to Catalog Products and find the product on the list. TheSell on WooCommerce flag under the product name should be greyed out.
Deleting products linked with WooCommerce
I want to delete the product from my WooCommerce store only.
You may not want to delete a product from your Retail POS store, as you can report on the deleted product. This is useful for items you no longer have in inventory, and will not be reordering.
This does not apply to products with variants. You must delete the variant in Retail POS to remove it from WooCommerce.
To delete the product from your WooCommerce store:
- In Retail POS, navigate to Catalog > Products.
- Find the product you wish to delete.
- Click the checkbox beside the product.
- Click Choose an action at the top of the list.
- Select Unpublish from WooCommerce from the drop-down list.
This will break the link with WooCommerce. The item will continue to appear on your WooCommerce store at this stage, therefore you will need to delete the item from your WooCommerce store as well.
I want to delete the product from my Retail POS store only.
In Retail POS, click the Unpublish button on the product page. This will break the link with WooCommerce. The item will still appear on your WooCommerce store at this stage. Next, delete the item from your Retail POS store.
This is useful for items you only sell online and do not want to linked with Retail POS.
I want to delete the product from my Retail POS store and my WooCommerce store.
To delete the product in both your Retail POS and WooCommerce store, always delete the product in Retail POS. Click on Delete product on the product detail page of the product. This will update your WooCommerce store. Do not manually delete the product in WooCommerce.