- Once your Vend and BigCommerce accounts are connected, Vend becomes the system of record.
- You should manage your product catalogue, pricing and inventory information in Vend to ensure everything stays accurate and up-to-date.
- BigCommerce feeds important information back to Vend such as online sales, new customer or existing customer information associated with a sale, and inventory from a sale to keep stock levels in sync.
- Please click the following link for more on how to use the BigCommerce integration!
Receiving BigCommerce orders
- A customer completes a sale (order) in your store.
- In Vend:
- The sale and payments are recorded in the linked outlet on the register you have selected.
- The closed sale reduces the inventory level for that outlet.
- In BigCommerce:
- The order will be recorded.
- An email will be sent to the customer confirming the sale.
- You need to fulfil the order on the BigCommerce order fulfilment page.
- The order fulfilment will send a shipping confirmation to the customer.
If a Shipping Product, Handling Product and/or Wrapping Product is added to the order in BigCommerce, the products will be created in Vend the first time they are attached to a sale and added to the sale in Vend.
Test orders flow through into Vend. Please visit this link for more.
Order status information displayed on BigCommerce
|Closed||Awaiting Payment: Customer has completed checkout process, but payment has yet to be confirmed.|
|Closed||Awaiting Fulfilment: Customer has completed the checkout process and payment has been confirmed.|
|Closed||Awaiting Shipment: Order has been pulled and packaged, and is awaiting collection from a shipping provider.|
|Closed||Awaiting Pickup: Order has been pulled, and is awaiting customer pickup from a seller-specified location.|
|Closed||Partially Shipped: Only some items in the order have been shipped, due to some products being pre-order only or other reasons.|
|Closed||Completed: Client has paid for their digital product and their file(s) are available for download.|
|Closed||Shipped: Order has been shipped, but receipt has not been confirmed; seller has used the Ship Items action.|
|Closed||Refunded: Seller has used the Refund action.|
|Closed||Disputed: Customer has initiated a dispute resolution process for the PayPal transaction that paid for the order.|
|Closed||Manual Verification Required: Order on hold while some aspect needs to be manually confirmed.|
|Closed||Partially Refunded: Seller has partially refunded the order.|
|Voided||Cancelled: Seller has cancelled an order, due to a stock inconsistency or other reasons. Voided Declined|
|Voided||Declined: Seller has marked the order as declined for lack of manual payment, or other reasons.|
Importing Online Orders
By default, we have disabled the option to Import All Orders. This option allows you to import all historical orders from your online store into Vend, so you have a record of all online and in-store sales in one place. Using this option can impact your current inventory levels and other information, and rectifying these changes can take some time. However, if importing orders is a requirement for your business, you can reach out to the Support team who will be able to enable the option for your account.
- Don't unlink and re-link your stores unless you're planning on deleting all items from your BigCommerce store and starting from scratch.
- When the sale from BigCommerce comes through to Vend, the inventory will be deducted for all the products sold on BigCommerce.