- Once your Vend and BigCommerce accounts are connected, Vend becomes the system of record.
- You should manage your product catalogue, pricing and inventory information in Vend to ensure everything stays accurate and up-to-date.
- BigCommerce feeds important information back to Vend such as online sales, new customer or existing customer information associated with a sale, and inventory from a sale to keep stock levels in sync.
- Please click the following link for more on how to use the BigCommerce integration!
Updating products that are linked with BigCommerce
Once you have linked your products in both BigCommerce and Vend, apart from the exceptions below, your product will always be automatically updated. All other fields (name, price, tags, type, description, images* quantity etc), including new variants to a product, should be edited in Vend when you make updates to your product.
The exceptions are:
- Product UPC/EAN
- Sizing including Width, Height, Depth
- MSRP (Retail Price)
- Sale Price
- Tax Code
- Custom fields
*For all new connections as of 20 May 2021. Connections made prior to this date will require images to be managed manually on each platform
When you edit a product in Vend, BigCommerce will automatically be updated when you save the changes. If you need to update a large volume of products, you can complete this via CSV import.
Sometimes, updates take a while to process. If the update does not publish after 1 hour, contact our Support Team.
Hiding products that are linked with BigCommerce
If you make any changes to a hidden product in Vend, it will be made visible again in BigCommerce.
You can toggle the visibility of a product in Vend if you do not wish to display it in BigCommerce anymore. This can be useful if a product is seasonal, or you no longer sell the product, but may sell it again at some point in the future.
1. Navigate to Catalog -> Products and find the product you wish to disable.
2. Click on the pencil icon to edit the product.
3. Once on the Edit Product screen, under the Product Type field, click on the green toggle for Sell on Point-of-Sale. This will turn the toggle grey and will disable the product in both Vend and BigCommerce.
It will no longer be accessible on your BigCommerce store or the Vend Sell screen. However, it does not break the link between the product in Vend and BigCommerce, so any updates made to the product in Vend will still carry across to the product in BigCommerce.
4. To confirm that this has worked head back to the Product page, find the product and select View on BigCommerce button on the product page.
5. This will take you to the Edit Product page for the product on BigCommerce, where you will be able to check what the product's status is.
Deleting products that are linked with BigCommerce
I want to delete a product in my BigCommerce store ONLY.
You may not want to delete a product from your Vend store, as you can report on the deleted product. However, you may want to remove the item from being sold on BigCommerce. This is useful for items you no longer have in inventory, and will not be reordering.
This does not apply to products with variants. You must delete the variant in Vend to remove it from BigCommerce.
To make the product in your BigCommerce store Not Visible and subsequently delete it only in BigCommerce, follow the steps below:
1. In Vend, navigate to Catalog -> Products
2. Click on the product you wish to delete in BigCommerce. This will take you to the product detail page.
3. Click the Unpublish from BigCommerce button. The item will still appear on your BigCommerce store at this stage but will be marked as Not Visible.
4. From there, proceed to delete the product from BigCommerce. This will not affect the product you have in Vend.
I want to delete the product from my Vend store ONLY
In Vend, click the Unpublish button on the product page. This will break the link with BigCommerce. The item will still appear on your BigCommerce store at this stage. Next, delete the item from your Vend store.
This is useful for items you only sell online and do not want to sync with Vend.
I want to delete the product from my Vend store AND my BigCommerce store.
To delete the product in both your Vend and BigCommerce store, always delete the product in Vend. Click on Delete Product on the product detail page of the product. This will automatically update your BigCommerce store. Do NOT manually delete the product in BigCommerce.