- Once your Retail POS and WooCommerce accounts are connected, Retail POS becomes the system of record.
- You should manage your product catalog, pricing, and inventory information in Retail POS to ensure everything stays accurate and up-to-date.
- WooCommerce feeds important information back to Retail POS, such as online sales, new customer or existing customer information associated with a sale, and inventory from a sale to keep stock levels in sync.
- Click the following link to learn how to use the WooCommerce integration!
Receiving WooCommerce orders
When a customer places an order in your WooCommerce store, the order will be recorded in WooCommerce and an email sent to the customer confirming the sale.
WooCommerce sales automatically synchronize to Retail POS and appear on both the Sales history (Sell > Sales history) and Fulfillments (Inventory > Fulfillments) pages.
This includes fully paid and unpaid sales. The sale and payments are recorded in the linked outlet on the register you have selected in the WooCommerce integration settings. The sold amount reduces the inventory level for that outlet. Sales processed in Retail POS do not sync to WooCommerce.
For information on fulfilling online orders in Retail POS, refer to our Online order fulfillment in Retail POS (X-Series) guide.
When a sale comes through to Retail POS from your WooCommerce store, we'll create a "Shipping Charges" product. Each WooCommerce order with shipping charges will have this product, with your shipping charge amount, added to the sale.
This means you can also report on the total amount of shipping charges using the product reports in Retail POS.
Bank deposit payment type
If you accept payments made via bank deposit, the sale from WooCommerce will be sent to Retail POS at the time the order is made. The sale balance will show as unpaid.
When the customer pays you, you need to record the payment and fulfill the order in WooCommerce. This payment and fulfillment updates to Retail POS and closes the sale there.
Manually importing online orders
If you need to import sales to your Retail POS store manually, please contact Retail Support.
- Do not unlink and relink your stores unless you plan to delete all products from your WooCommerce store and start over.
- When the sale from WooCommerce comes through to Retail POS, the inventory will be deducted for all products sold on WooCommerce.