- Once your Vend and WooCommerce accounts are connected, Vend becomes the system of record.
- You should manage your product catalogue, pricing and inventory information in Vend to ensure everything stays accurate and up-to-date.
- WooCommerce feeds important information back to Vend such as online sales, new customer or existing customer information associated with a sale, and inventory from a sale to keep stock levels in sync.
- Please click the following link for more on how to use the WooCommerce integration!
Receiving WooCommerce orders
- A customer completes a sale (order) in your WooCommerce store.
- In WooCommerce:
- The order will be recorded.
- An email will be sent to the customer confirming the sale.
- WooCommerce sends the order to your Vend store.
- In Vend:
- The sale will show in Sales History with the order status Delivery, Unfulfilled
- There are two ways to fulfill your order(s): Using the Scanner by Vend App or manually picking the order
- If picking the order manually, when an order is fulfilled and sent out for delivery, find it in the sales in Sales History, click Edit and select Mark as Complete
- The order will then be marked as Completed in WooCommerce, and Delivery, Completed in Vend.
When a sale comes through to Vend from your WooCommerce store, we'll create a Shipping Charges product. Each WooCommerce order with shipping charges will have this product, with your shipping charge amount, added to the sale.
This means you can also report on the total amount of shipping charges using the Product reports in Vend.
Bank deposit payment type
If you accept payments made via bank deposit, the sale from WooCommerce will be sent to Vend at the time the order is made. The sale balance will show as unpaid.
When the customer pays you, you will need to record the payment and fulfil the order in WooCommerce and record the payment in Vend. Updating the sale in WooCommerce WILL NOT update the sale in Vend.
To apply the payment in Vend:
- Your register MUST be open when you apply the payment.
- Locate the sale in the Sales History.
- Click the Apply Payment link.
- Select the payment type, today's date, and the current time. The current time MUST be after the register was opened, and before the register was closed, or your payment will not appear in your register closure reporting.
Importing Online Orders
Although your sales in WooCommerce will be added to your Vend store, if you need to import sales to your Vend store manually, please contact Vend Support using the Get Support button at the top of this page.
- Do not unlink and re-link your stores unless you are planning on deleting all items from your WooCommerce store and starting from scratch.
- When the sale from WooCommerce comes through to Vend, the inventory will be deducted for all the products sold on WooCommerce.