- Once your Vend and BigCommerce accounts are connected, Vend becomes the system of record.
- You should manage your product catalogue, pricing and inventory information in Vend to ensure everything stays accurate and up-to-date.
- BigCommerce feeds important information back to Vend such as online sales, new customer or existing customer information associated with a sale, and inventory from a sale to keep stock levels in sync.
- Please click the following link for more on how to use the BigCommerce integration!
What product information syncs with BigCommerce?
Product info that syncs:
|Variant Name/Value||Option Value|
|Variant Attribute||Option Name|
|Supply Price||Cost Price|
|Retail Price||Default Price|
|Active/Inactive||Visible on Storefront|
|Track Inventory||Track Inventory|
Product info that doesn't sync:
|N/A||MSRP (Retail Price)|
* Images send from Vend to BigCommerce on initial publish, but never after. For more, view the images section below.
Pushing all Vend products to BigCommerce
If ALL your products are in Vend, and you want them ALL in BigCommerce, you can head over to Setup -> Add-ons -> BigCommerce, and click the Publish All Products button towards the bottom of the page.
This is only recommended if it hasn't been done before.
When publishing your products from Vend into BigCommerce, the following rules will apply:
- Active Vend products will be set to Visible on BigCommerce
- Inactive or Unpublished products in Vend are set to Not Visible in BigCommerce.
- Active variant products in Vend are set to Enabled in BigCommerce.
- Inactive variant products in Vend are set to Disabled in BigCommerce.
- If all variants for a parent product are set to Inactive, the product will be set to Not Visible in BigCommerce.
- If at least one variant product in a parent product is set to Active, the parent product will be set to visible in BigCommerce.
Pushing groups of Vend products to BigCommerce
If there are select or groups of Vend products you would like to push to BigCommerce, rather than your whole product list, you can head over to the Products page, to pick and choose the products you would like to push, using product checkboxes.
Filter your products using product tag, type, brand or supplier, then select your products using the product checkboxes, click the dropdown to the right of the top green box, where it says Choose an Action, and then click Publish to BigCommerce.
Pulling all BigCommerce products into Vend
If you have not checked your product data then do not proceed with this step yet. Back up any product and inventory information before proceeding with product import.
If ALL your products are in BigCommerce (existing BigCommerce user), you can head over to Setup -> Add-ons -> BigCommerce, and click Import All Products button towards the bottom of the page.
If you have a high number of products, then it may take some time for these to appear in Vend due to how BigCommerce works with other systems.
This is only recommended if it hasn't been done before
When importing your products from BigCommerce into Vend, the following rules will apply:
- Products set to Visible on BigCommerce will be set as Active in Vend.
- Enabled variant products on BigCommerce will be set as Active in Vend.
- Disabled variant products in BigCommerce will be set as Inactive in Vend.
- Not Visible products in BigCommerce should not be imported
Adding new products to BigCommerce
2. Find the product on the product page in Vend. Either, select Sell on BigCommerce or click on the name of the product and select the Publish to BigCommerce button.
3. You will be notified that the product is in the process of being published. Only once this is updated with published will the process be complete.
Linking Vend and BigCommerce products together
If you have products in BOTH systems and would like to link your products, check out this article.
How product images work with BigCommerce
When publishing a new product to Vend, images will also be published from Vend to BigCommerce.
We only send all the images when you first publish the product to BigCommerce or import into Vend. Any additional images need to be directly managed on BigCommerce.
If you update or add a photo to a product that is already published, this will NOT update BigCommerce.
When importing products from BigCommerce to Vend, only the main image will be imported.
Images in Vend are small sizes, so most customers prefer to add a high-quality photo in BigCommerce.
How variant and composite products work with BigCommerce
Variant products: Display as a single item in BigCommerce, with drop-down menus to select your different variant options on the product's page. This means that you won't be able to display each item in your BigCommerce store separately. If a product is set up as a variant in Vend, all versions of the variant will be sent to BigCommerce. You cannot publish a selection of the versions of the variant to your BigCommerce store. If you want to display each item individually, you'll need to set them up as separate items in your Vend store.
Composite products: Display as an individual product in BigCommerce, with the information matched to the composite product in Vend, rather than the component items. Sales of a composite product in BigCommerce will still update the inventory of those items in Vend.