- Once your Vend and Shopify accounts are connected, Vend becomes the system of record.
- You should manage your product catalogue, pricing and inventory information in Vend to ensure everything stays accurate and up-to-date.
- Shopify feeds important information back to Vend such as online sales, new customer or existing customer information associated with a sale, and inventory from a sale to keep stock levels in sync.
- Please click the following link for more on how to use the Shopify integration!
What product information syncs with Shopify
Product info that syncs:
|Supplier or Brand||Vendor|
|Handle||Handle (end of URL)|
|Product type||Product type|
|Variant Name/Value||Option Value|
|Variant Attribute||Option Name|
|Stock Tracking||Off - N/A, On - On, product only sold when inventory > 0|
Product info that doesn't sync:
|N/A||Compare at price|
* Images send from Vend to Shopify on initial publish, but never after. For more, view the images section below.
If ALL your products are in Vend, and you want them ALL in Shopify, you can head over to Setup -> Add-ons -> Shopify, and click the Publish Products to Shopify button on the toolbar at the top of the page.
This is only recommended if it hasn't been done before.
Pulling all Shopify products into Vend
If ALL your products are in Shopify (existing Shopify user), you can head over to Setup -> Add-ons -> Shopify, and use the Get Shopify Products dropdown on the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Get All Shopify Products - this will pull all Shopify products into Vend.
- Get New Shopify Products - this will pull all Shopify products created after the last time Get All Shopify Products was selected.
- Any pictures attached to these Shopify products will not be carried across to Vend.
- Using the Get All Shopify Products button is only recommended if it hasn't been done before.
Adding new products to Shopify
2. Publish the product to your Shopify store. You can either click Publish to Shopify on a specific product page, or just find the item in your product list, and click Sell on Shopify.
3. Add beautiful images and other details needed for online sales, such as weight, in Shopify.
Linking Vend and Shopify products together
If you have products in BOTH systems and would like to link your products, check out this article.
How product images work with Shopify
The first time you publish a product to Shopify, we'll also publish the primary photo in Vend for that product.
Shopify will only pull across the main picture of a product from Vend. If you have any additional pictures attached to any of your Vend products these will need to be added to Shopify manually.
If you update or add a photo to a product that is already published, this will NOT update Shopify.
Photos in Vend are small sizes, so most customers prefer to add a high-quality photo in Shopify.
How variant and composite products work with Shopify
Variant products: Display as a single item in Shopify, with drop-down menus to select your different variant options on the product's page. This means that you won't be able to display each item in your Shopify store separately. If a product is set up as a variant in Vend, all versions of the variant will be sent to Shopify. You cannot publish a selection of the versions of the variant to your Shopify store. If you want to display each item individually, you'll need to set them up as separate items in your Vend store.
Composite products: Display as an individual product in Shopify, with the information matched to the composite product in Vend, rather than the component items. Sales of a composite product in Shopify will still update the inventory of those items in Vend.