- Once your Vend and Shopify accounts are connected, Vend becomes the system of record.
- You should manage your product catalogue, pricing and inventory information in Vend to ensure everything stays accurate and up-to-date.
- Shopify feeds important information back to Vend such as online sales, new customer or existing customer information associated with a sale, and inventory from a sale to keep stock levels in sync.
- Please click the following link for more on how to use the Shopify integration!
How does it work?
- A customer completes a sale (order) in your store.
- In Vend:
- The sale and payments are recorded in the linked outlet on the register you have selected.
- The sold amount reduces the inventory level for that outlet.
- Any in-store staff can now view which orders in Sales History are online orders, and which need to be fulfilled. If they hit “Mark as complete”, it will mark the order as fulfilled in Shopify.
- In Shopify
- The order will be recorded.
- An email will be sent to the customer confirming the sale.
- You can fulfil the order on the Shopify order fulfilment page.
- The order fulfilment will send a shipping confirmation to the customer.
How do shipping charges show in Vend?
When you link your Shopify store, we'll create a Shipping Charges product. Each Shopify order with shipping charges will have this product, with your shipping charge amount, added to the sale.
This means you can also report on the total amount of shipping charges using the Product reports in Vend.
Vend can only import orders with 1 shipping method included in the order.
What happens if I have a bank deposit payment type?
If you accept payments made via bank deposit, the sale from Shopify will be sent to Vend at the time the order is made. The sale balance will show as unpaid.
When the customer pays you, you will need to record the payment and fulfil the order in Shopify and record the payment in Vend. Updating the sale in Shopify WILL NOT update the sale in Vend.
To apply the payment in Vend:
- Your register MUST be open when you apply the payment.
- Locate the sale in the Sales Ledger.
- Click the Apply Payment link.
- Select the payment type, today's date, and the current time. This time MUST be after the register was opened, and before the register was closed, or your payment will not appear in your register closure reporting.
Where can I find the Shopify order number in the Vend sale?
When your Shopify order gets imported into Vend, the Shopify order number will automatically populate the Receipt Number field of the sale in Vend. This means your Shopify sales in Vend will follow the same sequence as your Shopify order numbers.
Importing Online Orders
Although your sales in Shopify will be added to your Vend store automatically if automatic updates is on, if you have this option turned off, you'll need to add sales to your Vend store manually.
From Setup -> Apps -> Shopify, use the Get All Shopify Orders button if you want to import your full order list into Vend, or the Get New Shopify Orders button if you are importing your most recent orders.
- It is only recommended to Get All Shopify Orders if it hasn't been done before
- Shopify orders older than 60 days are unable to be imported into Vend
- Do not unlink and re-link your stores unless you are planning on deleting all items from your Shopify store and starting from scratch.
- When the sale from Shopify comes through to Vend, the inventory will be deducted for all the products sold on Shopify.