In Vend, you have three different roles to assign to your users by default. The admin, the manager and the cashier. New roles can now be created and configured using a "base role" of cashier or manager.
Only Admins can create and modify new custom user roles.
If you would like to create a custom role, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Setup in the side menu and choose Users.
2. Locate and click the Roles tab along the top of the Users page.
3. Locate and click the Add Role button along the top of the Roles tab.
4. You can create a custom role based on either the cashier or manager role. Click on the role you'd like to use as a base for the new custom role.
5. Then customise your new role. For an in-depth breakdown on all the configuration options, click here.
6. Once all options have been configured, name your custom role at the top of the page, and click Save.
Once you've saved the custom role, it will be displayed alongside your other roles on the Roles tab and can be configured as per other roles.
To delete a custom role, click on the role you would like to delete, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Delete.
Prior to deleting a custom role, all users assigned to that role must be re-assigned to a different role.
A custom role can be re-assigned to any user by editing that user and selecting a new role from the drop-down list.
Only Admins can re-assign users to either a cashier or manager-based custom role.
Managers can re-assign cashiers to a cashier-based custom role.