- Does Retail POS support Shopify's new tipping feature on ecommerce Orders?
- Will Shopify orders that include tipping sync to Retail POS?
- Retail POS for Mac or PC
- Shopify Integration
Retail POS does not support the new tipping feature for Shopify orders. The tipping feature is a very new release from Shopify which adds an additional payment line to all orders for clients who choose to provide a tip to the retailer.
Because it adds an additional payment line, Retail POS cannot understand the sale in the same respect. Further to this, Shopify orders that include tipping will not sync to Retail POS.
For an immediate workaround to ensure orders that include tipping sync to Retail POS, we recommend re-creating these sales directly in Retail POS so that inventory and revenue are recorded in Retail POS as well as Shopify.
To re-create the sale you will need to action the following steps:
- In the Retail POS Sell Screen, add in the products included in the order
- Add customer details
- Then click Park Sale
- Navigate to sales history
- Locate the sale and expand it
- Click Apply payment/refund
- Click the correct payment type
- Type the correct payment amount
- This will close the sale and log it in Retail POS
Retail POS recognizes this is a new feature, one of importance in the present day life of retail and ecommerce.