- Does Vend support Shopify's new tipping feature on ecommerce Orders?
- Will Shopify orders that include tipping sync to Vend?
- Vend for Mac or PC
- Shopify Integration
Vend does not support the new tipping feature for Shopify orders. The tipping feature is a very new release from Shopify which adds an additional payment line to all orders for clients who choose to provide a tip to the retailer.
Because it adds an additional payment line, Vend cannot understand the sale in the same respect. Further to this, Shopify orders that include tipping will not sync to Vend.
For an immediate workaround to ensure orders that include tipping sync to Vend, we recommend re-creating these sales directly in Vend so that inventory and revenue are recorded in Vend as well as Shopify.
To re-create the sale you will need to action the following steps:
- In the Vend Sell Screen, add in the products included in the order
- Add customer details
- Then click Park Sale
- Navigate to Sales Ledger
- Locate the sale and expand it
- Click Apply payment/refund
- Click the correct payment type
- Type the correct payment amount
- This will close the sale and log it in Vend
Vend recognizes this is a new feature, one of importance in the present day life of retail and ecommerce.