Vend offers tip/gratuity support with integrated credit card payments. In this article, Vend will discuss how to use Sales Reports to reconcile tips earned against gross sales.
- Vend on Web and Vend on iPad
- Vend in the USA and Canada
- Vend Payment Gateway Payment Type
- Payment terminal support
- Clover Flex and Mini
- Pax S300, D210, A920, A80, and A60
- Dejavoo Z series
- Ingenico Desk and Move 5000
- Contact Vend to turn on integrated credit card tipping.
- Ensure your payment processor has programed your terminal to prompt for tips before the authorization.
- Pax requires BroadPOS to be updated to prompt for a % or a fixed amount. A download is required on your terminal for it to take effect.
- Clover requires tips to be enabled within your Clover Merchant Admin Settings
- Dejavoo requires your processor to update the terminal file and a download to the device.
- Ingenico requires your processor to update the terminal file and a download to the device.
- Sales History - In Vend Sales History you now have the ability to view the full amount of the authorized transactions (Gross Sale + Tip Amount). If you view the details of the transaction (see below) you will notice a new line item Tip.
- Reporting - Access Sales Reports and select the appropriate Report Type and Measure (Tips). For example, selectin Report Type = User and Measure = Tips you can now view every sale defined in your date range applied to the employee logged in during the sale.
- Register Closure - With integrated tip reporting your register closure totals for integrated credit card payments will match your processors batch records. This payment type total will now include the Sale + Tip amount as the total.