To order stock in Vend, you need to create a Purchase Order
A Purchase Order is a summary of products that is created and sent by the buyer (you) of the products to the supplier, specifying the details of the products they want in their order.
By creating a Purchase Order you will be generating a record of the products procured in your store as well as sending an email to your supplier(s).
Recording your Purchase Orders in Vend ensures you have a single place to keep track of your orders across suppliers — creating visibility over what’s been ordered and ensuring inventory numbers stay accurate. Plus, because they’re stored in the cloud, you’ll never lose important information.
To create a Purchase Order in Vend navigate to Inventory -> Stock Control and then click on Order Stock.
On this screen, you'll be able to specify:
- Supplier: Click to choose the supplier for the order, although the order can be created without choosing a specific supplier
- Deliver to: For this field, select the Outlet you wish to deliver the stock to. It is mandatory to choose an outlet
- Supplier Invoice: When you order stock your supplier may include an invoice number. If you already have the invoice number, you can input this here for your supplier's reference.
- Delivery Date: This is the expected date of delivery for the order
- Order Number: The order number is generated by Vend when you select the Outlet on the basis of the outlet settings. You can then add your own suffixes or adjustments to help you identify your orders easily.
- Note: Add custom information to your orders, like personal reminders or approval notes - the free-form Notes field lets you add these to your orders and search them for future reference.
- Preview: See the delivery status of items easily on-screen, this key information may help them from losing sales of out-of-stock items
There are two ways to add products to a Purchase Order:
Add products by typing in the product name in the search box. Vend will bring up the product, and if there are several similar products, click on the correct one. Enter the quantity of this product that you would like to order. If a product with variants is selected a pop-up screen will appear for you to select the specific variants you would like to add to the order. Once the variants are selected and the quantity is specified click Add Variants to Order
If you have set up or are using barcodes for your products, you can add your products by scanning your barcodes, just ensure that you have selected the product search box before scanning.
Keep adding products until your order is complete. Once complete, click Save to create and save your changes.
There is a line item limit of 200 products per order
Products can be added in the order on the basis of the reorder points defined at the point of creating the product. The reorder point is the level that must be reached in order for Vend to automatically populate an order.
Click Add Products from Reorder Points to automatically add products and the product will be ordered to the value of your reorder amount (also defined at the point of creating the product). Reorder Amount is the default amount that will be ordered when a product that hits its reorder point is added to an order.
If the supplier is chosen for the order, only products that have the assigned supplier will appear in the popup list to select and add to the order.
To learn how to add re-order points and re-order quantity to existing products, click here.
The product will not be automatically reordered if it exists in another open or sent order for the same outlet.
Add products via CSV
You can import products (including supply price and quantity) to a new or saved order from a CSV file. This is an excellent way to quickly create a large Stock order, such as from a data file created by a handheld inventory scanner.
You need to set up a CSV file with your order items. Download an example CSV template below to get you started, or create a CSV file using your spreadsheet software (like Excel, Open Office or Google Docs) with 4 column headers:
- Handle [Optional field] - the product handle (must match an existing product in Vend).
- SKU [Mandatory field] - the product SKU (must match an existing product in Vend).
- Supply price [Optional field] - the per-item supply price.
- Quantity [Mandatory field] - the quantity of each item ordered.
If you have selected a supplier for your order, all the products imported must have the same supplier as the supplier selected.
Once the CSV import file is ready, click Import via CSV select Choose file and upload your saved CSV file.
Adding products directly from your catalog
You can import products into an order directly from your catalog page using a bulk action. From your catalog page you can select products using the checkbox on the left then click on Choose an Action and select Add Products to Purchase Order.
You can then Add to an existing order or Create a new stock order.
Take the tour
We will take you on a guided tour that runs through how the Order Stock page works, in your own Vend store!