It's crucial that your staff are empowered to up-sell and cross-sell, but during the busy periods, it’s easy to miss an opportunity to increase basket size.
Here is where Vend’s Promotion Helper comes in. This feature lets cashiers know that a promotion is available for a product as soon as it's added to a sale.
Promotion Helper is only available for Advanced Promotions. If you have any existing Advanced Promotions, they will have Promotion Helper enabled by default. You can disable Promotion Helper at any time.
Set Up Promotion Helper
- To set up Promotion Helpers, head to Products and then select Promotions
- Click Add Promotion if you're creating a new promotion, or click on the pencil icon next to an existing Advanced Promotion if you'd like to edit it
- Set the conditions for your Advanced Promotion
- If you'd like to enable Promotion Helpers, enable Show Prompt on Sell
- Once you're happy with your promotion, click Save
Selling with Promotion Helper
When a product is added to the Sell screen Vend will check if there is an advanced promotion available, if there is the Sell screen will display the first promotion it finds.
Cashiers can then click View this promotion to see more information about the suggested promotion. This will also identify the item that triggered the promotion as 'In Basket'.
The 'first promotion' can seem random. It is based on the product that's in the cart, the amount that the customer will save and the date the promotion was created.
Because of this promotions helper might not always pick the 'best' promotion.
You can optimise which promotions are displayed by tailoring the experience and toggling promotions helper off for promotions that you don't want to be suggested.
Disabling Promotion Helper
- Head to Products and then select Promotions
- Click on the pencil icon next to an existing Advanced Promotion
- Click the checkbox to disable Show Prompt on Sell
- Click Save