To take a consignment in Retail POS and view the profit margins in the Sales Report to determine consignor's commission
- Retail POS for Mac or PC
To create a consignment product
- Navigate to Catalog -> Products, then click Add Product
- Enter product details and click Add Product or Next
- Add the consignor as the Supplier
- Add a Product category or Tag (eg. consignment sale, name of the consignor) that makes it easy to classify a consignment product
- Set the appraisal value as the Supply Price
- You can add the Current Inventory at this stage, alternatively process a Purchase Order to receive multiple products
- Fill out the rest of the details for creating a product, more information here.
View margins for consignment sales
- Click Reporting, and then Sales Reports
- Under Report Type select either the Supplier, Product category or Tag
- Select a suitable Date Range
- Click Format Results, and arrange rows By Product or By SKU
- Click Apply
- New Supplier and Product categories can be created at the time of creating a product by simply clicking the button 'Add Supplier' and 'Add new product category'.
- How is Margin calculated in the Sales Report?