Updating to iOS 14+ on your iPad will prompt you to grant the Retail POS app permissions to access Bluetooth and Local Network settings on your iPad.
If declined, this will cause your printer to no longer function. To fix this, ensure your device's Bluetooth and Local Network Permissions are enabled in Settings > Lightspeed Retail POS (X).
In order to set up your receipt printer with your iPad, you'll first need to make sure you have all the peripherals needed.
As it is a Bluetooth device and it does not require any cables to connect it to your iPad. The only cable you will need for your printer is the power cable.
Make sure you've got your 80mm receipt rolls ready to go. To load your receipt roll open the latch on the top right of the printer, place the roll inside, and pull the paper through before closing the lid.
Cash drawer (optional)
You may also wish to set up your cash drawer at the same time, to do this you'll need a specialized cash drawer cable. This looks similar to a phone line cable.
iPad iOS (mandatory)
Make sure that the iPad is up to date, and that there are no pending updates. The Epson printer needs to establish a connection on an updated iOS. To view this, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
For more information on iOS support, please click here
You'll need to connect the printer to your iPad in Bluetooth settings. To do this:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPad.
2. Tap the Bluetooth option under General Settings.
3. Ensure Bluetooth is turned on.
On the Bluetooth settings page, the Bluetooth slider should be green and switched to the right. If the slider is to the left and in gray, tap again to ensure Bluetooth is on.
4. In the Bluetooth Other Devices on the iPad, tap the printer name to connect. The name of your printer should look like TM-m30_XXXXXX.
Under My Devices, the printer should show a status of Connected, confirming that the device is successfully connected.
Connect the printer in Retail POS
1. Open Retail POS app > Settings > Hardware.
2. A modal will appear to add your printer. Tap Follow steps to connect and add a printer > Next.
3. To get your printer ready and perform a hardware self-test, connect your printer to a power source leaving your printer off and load your receipt paper roll in your printer and close your printer’s lid shut.
4. Press and hold the FEED button and turn on your printer.
5. Once your hardware self-test receipt prints, tap Next.
6. Select your printer and tap Next.
7. Select your printer model and tap Next.
8. Under Connected printers, you will see your TM-m30II model listed—Tap Add printer.
9. Your iPad will ask you to select a Bluetooth accessory. Tap on your printer's name. There may be a delay before seeing your printer's name as compatible devices may appear.
10. Your printer is now connected to Retail POS. You can choose to rename your printer, perform a Test print, or tap Finish.
Once you've got the printer all set up, you can connect a cash drawer.
The cash drawer connects to your receipt printer, and is triggered to open when you finish a cash or cheque sale and the receipt is printed by the printer. A manager or admin can also manually open the cash drawer directly within Retail POS.
To set up the cash drawer, open up the Retail POS app and follow the instructions below:
1. Tap the Menu icon (☰) to open the sidebar
2. Tap Settings and choose Hardware
3. Select the printer you want to attach the cash drawer to
4. Plug the RJ12 connector cable from the cash drawer into the receipt printer.
5. On the printer settings page, toggle the Cash drawer enabled setting to On
6. Toggle the Open cash on sale setting to On