In order to set up your receipt printer with your iPad, you'll first need to make sure you have all the peripherals needed.
As it is a Bluetooth device and it does not require any cables to connect it to your iPad. The only cable you will need for your printer is the power cable.
Make sure you've got your 80mm receipt rolls ready to go. To load your receipt roll open the latch on the top right of the printer, place the roll inside and pull some of the paper through before closing the lid.
Cash Drawer (Optional)
You may also wish to set up your cash drawer at the same time, to do this you'll need a specialized cash drawer cable. This looks similar to a phone line cable.
iPad iOS (Mandatory)
Make sure that the iPad is up to date, and there are no pending updates. The Epson printer needs to establish a connection on an updated iOS. To view this, tap Settings > General > Software Update
For more information on iOS support, please click here
You'll first need to connect the printer to your iPad in Bluetooth settings. To do this:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPad.
2. Tap the Bluetooth option under General Settings.
3. Ensure Bluetooth is turned on.
Checkpoint 1: The Bluetooth slider should be green and switched to the right. If the slider is to the left and in gray, tap again to ensure Bluetooth is ‘on’.
4. In the Bluetooth 'Device list' on the iPad tap the printer name to connect. The name of your printer should look like 'TM-m30_030015'. The numbers after '_' can differ based on your printer model.
Under 'My Devices', the printer should show a status of 'connected', confirming that the device is successfully connected.
Now that you've got your printer connected up to your iPad you're ready to add it to the Vend app. To do this:
1. Open the Vend Register app and Tap the menu icon. The sidebar will open.
2. Select Settings > Hardware > Add Printer, then tap Add a Printer to set up the printer:
3. Tap the blue Find button and select your Epson TM-m30 Bluetooth printer. The name of your printer should look like 'TM-m30_030015'. The numbers after '_' can differ based on your printer model.
4. Select a name for your printer. This can be anything you choose such as “Cashier 1” or “Receipt Printer”. Include your selection in the “name” field.
5. Select one of the following receipt options:
- a standard receipt - this is a typical end-of-sale receipt.
- a secondary receipt - this is a receipt that only prints certain items.
6. Choose whether you'd like your receipts to be printed automatically. If you don't automatically print a receipt, you won't be able to manually print one during the sale.
7. Choose the number of receipt copies you’d like to print for each sale
8. Tap Save to add your printer.
Checkpoint 3: Run a test sale to ensure your setup is successful. If your receipt fails to print, go back to checkpoints 1&2. Remember to void the test sale after your receipt is printed!
Once you've got the printer all set up, you can connect up the cash drawer.
The cash drawer connects to your receipt printer, and is triggered to open when you finish a cash or cheque sale and the receipt is printed by the printer. A manager or admin can also manually open the cash drawer directly within Vend.
To setup the Cash Drawer, follow the instructions below:
1. Plug the RJ12 connector cable from the cash drawer into the receipt printer.
2. Open up the Vend Register app and tap the menu button to open the sidebar menu.
3. Tap Settings and choose Hardware.
4. Select the printer you want to attach the cash drawer to.
5. On the printer settings page in Register, toggle the 'Cash drawer enabled' setting to 'on'.
6. Toggle the Open cash drawer on sale setting to on.