Charge customer on their card so they can be given cash from the register.
- Retail POS for Mac or PC
- Retail POS on iPad
- Add a new product > name it as Cashout > $0 retail and supply price and inventory tracking turned off.
- At the time of an actual sale, add this product to the sale - Change the price equaling to the Cashout amount. You can then click on Pay > Card(Integrated payment type) and charge the customer for the Cashout.
- To record the Cashout, you would then go to Cash Management and then remove the amount that you have given out as a Cashout.
- Adding and Removing Cash from the Cash Drawer
- Cash Management in Retail POS
- If you are using Xero app, we recommend using a separate account code for the newly created product so that you can track your cash movements separately.