In order to set up your receipt printer with your Mac you'll first need to make sure you have all the peripherals needed.
You will need a power cable for the printer and the supplied USB cable to plug the printer into your computer. If you don’t already have the appropriate USB cable, these can typically be purchased from your local electronics store.
Make sure you have 80mm receipt rolls. To load your receipt roll, open the latch on the top right of the printer, place the roll inside and pull some of the paper through before closing the lid.
Cash drawer (optional)
You may also wish to set up your cash drawer at the same time, to do this you'll need a specialized cash drawer cable. This is similar looking to an ethernet cable but is smaller on one end.
Adding the Epson TM-m30II or TM-m30II-NT to your Mac via USB
Downloading and installing the Epson driver
1. Download the latest printer drivers. This is specialized software that enables the printer to run correctly on your computer. To download this, go to Epson's website here and select Mac OS Printer Driver, and click Download page next to the latest version.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Accept tickbox. Next, click the Download button
3. When this download is complete, open the file to extract it and double click on the .dmg file.
4. Next, double-click the first .pkg file and follow the installation guide instructions.
5. At the end of the installation process, a message will appear saying "The printer is not connected via USB". At this stage, tick Connect printer via network and click on Continue.
6. The printer is automatically installed and should appear in System Preferences > Printers and Scanner.
Manually installing your Epson (USB) printer
You may need to install the printer manually if it is not added automatically. Please follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to System Preferences and open Printers and Scanners.
2. Click the plus (+) and click Add printer or Scanner.
3. This will open up a new window to select the printer to be added from the list, which will autofill the name, location and use.
4. Once you’ve put in all this information, click Add. Your printer should now be set up and ready to go!
Enable Receipt Cutting
Once a receipt is printed, your EPSON printer needs to be set to automatically cut the receipt from the paper roll. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Head to the following URL: http://localhost:631/printers/. This will take you to CUPS, which is a network printing service used by Mac computers. It allows you to set up your printers on a network, and customize options such as cash drawer setup.
Receive this screen?
Click here to learn how to enable CUPS for your computer.
2. Once in CUPS, Select your printer model (TM-m30II or TM-m30II-NT) from the list below:
3. Select from the drop-down menu Set Default Options.
4.Under Paper Cut, select Cut Per Page from the drop-down menu.
5. Click Set Default Options.
Connecting the cash drawer (optional)
Once you've got the printer all set up, you can connect a cash drawer.
The cash drawer connects to your receipt printer and is triggered to open when you finish a cash or cheque sale, and the printer prints the receipt.
To set up the cash drawer:
1. Plug the RJ12 connector cable (the one that looks similar to a phone line) from the cash drawer into the receipt printer.
2. As you did when enabling receipt cutting earlier, head to: http://localhost:631/printers/
3. Once in CUPS, Select your printer model (TM-m30II or TM-m30II-NT) from the list.
4. Select from the drop-down menu Set Default Options.
5. Under Buzzer/Cash Drawer Control choose Open Drawer #1.
6. Click the Set Default Options button to complete.
Your cash drawer should now be all set to go! You can test it by performing a test print
Test print with your Epson printer
Now that your EPSON is installed, you can start using it to print your receipts in Retail POS.
To perform a test print:
1. Navigate to Sell > Sales history and click on a sale to expand
2. Click Print receipt and select the receipt template to use
4. This will take you to the print preview screen. If the Epson is not your default printer, click Change and select the printer from the list.
Once that's been changed you should be able to print out a receipt.