To remove manually issued store credit from a customers' balance, rather than as part of a return.
- Vend for Mac or PC
There is no function in Vend to remove manually issued store credit. You will need to create a product and then 'spend' the store credit.
Create a store credit product:
- Create a product called 'Store Credit Adjustment' or 'Store Credit Removal'
- Give the product a 0.00 retail and supply price
Process a sale to remove the store credit
- Add the customer to the sale whose store credit you want to remove
- Add the store credit product to the sale
- Click on the product to expand the view
- In the drop-down click the box under Price
- Type in the amount of store credit you would like to remove
- Click Pay
- Click Store Credit
- Click Done
- How to Add a Single Product
- Adding a Customer to the Sale
- You may want to turn inventory tracking off for this product so you will not have a negative inventory counting towards your records
- Using this workaround will impact your reporting as it will count towards measures such as Average Spend, Basket Size, Transaction Count etc