In order to set up your receipt printer with your Windows PC you'll first need to make sure you have all the peripherals needed.
You will need a power cable for the printer and the supplied USB cable to plug the printer in to your computer. If you don't already have the appropriate USB cable, pick one up from your local electronics store.
Make sure you've got some 80mm receipt rolls ready to go. To load your receipt roll open the latch on the top right of the printer, place the roll inside and pull some of the paper through before closing the lid.
Cash Drawer (Optional):
You may also wish to set up your cash drawer at the same time, to do this you'll need a specialised cash drawer cable. This is similar looking to an ethernet cable but is smaller on one end.
To get this printer set up follow these 3 steps below:
- Downloading and installing the Epson driver
- Installing your Epson
- Printing on Vend with Epson
Downloading and installing the Epson driver
First off, we need to download the latest printer drivers for your computer. This is specialised software that helps the printer run correctly on your computer. To get this head over to Epson's website here and select Windows Printer Driver.
1. Click Download page on the latest file and scroll down to confirm the download. You should see the download start in the left hand corner of the window.
2. When this download is completed, head to your Downloads folder, right click on the file and select Extract all.
Checkpoint 1: Not sure where to find the download? Go to explorer and select Downloads from the left hand list. The download will also appear at the bottom of Google Chrome, click the arrow here and select show in folder.
3. After extracting the file, a folder will open. Double click on the install and follow the installation guide instructions.
Once installed you will see a confirmation box. Close this and continue to the next step.
Installing your Epson Printer
Now we need to register the printer with your computer. To do this:
Navigate to Program Files (x86) > EPSON > EPSON Advanced Printer Driver 5 and select PrinterReg.
You can also search your computer for printerreg instead if you like:
You will be brought to the printer setup screen where you'll need to put in the following information:
1. Model: Select Epson TM-T88V under model.
2. Name: Type in a name of your choice or leave as default.
3. Port Type: Set this to USB.
4. Port: Leave this as Auto setup.
Once you've filled out these fields click Save Settings. A test receipt will be printed confirming that the printer has been successfully set up.
Printing on Vend with Epson
Now that your EPSON is installed you can start using it to print your receipts in Vend.
To perform a test print:
1. Head over to the History tab and click on a sale.
2. Click View Receipt
3. Pick the receipt template you’d like to use and click Print.
This will take you to the print preview screen. If the Epson is not your default printer, click Change and select the printer from the list.
Once that's been changed you should be able to print out a receipt.
Connecting the Cash Drawer
Once you've got the printer all set up, you can connect up the cash drawer.
The cash drawer connects to your receipt printer, and is triggered to open when you finish a cash or cheque sale and the receipt is printed by the printer.
Tip: You can manually open the cash drawer by clicking CTRL + E if you are using the old Vend Sell Screen or by performing a test sale if you are using Register for PC.
To setup the Cash Drawer:
1. Plug the RJ12 connector cable (the one that looks similar to a phone line) from the cash drawer into the receipt printer.
2. Next, head to your Devices and Printers window on your computer.
3. Right click on your receipt printer, select Printing preferences -> Peripherals.
4. Once in here, use the drop-down menu to select Cash Drawer.
5. Next, select End of Document and click Open on both Cash Drawer #1 and Cash Drawer #2
Tip: If you want your cash drawer to fire before the receipt prints you can select the 'Start of Document' option instead.
5. Apply these settings and test it out by clicking CTRL + E on your keyboard when in the old Vend Sell Screen or by performing a test sale if you are using Register for PC.