In order to set up your receipt printer with your Windows PC, you'll first need to make sure you have all the peripherals needed.
You will need a power cable for the printer and the supplied USB cable to plug the printer into your computer. If you don't already have the appropriate USB cable, these can typically be purchased from your local electronics store.
Make sure you have 80mm receipt rolls. To load your receipt roll open the latch on the top right of the printer, place the roll inside, and pull some of the paper through before closing the lid.
Cash drawer (optional)
You may also wish to set up your cash drawer at the same time. To do this you'll need a specialized cash drawer cable. This is similar looking to an ethernet cable but is smaller on one end.
Downloading and installing the Epson driver
1. Download the latest printer drivers. This is specialized software that helps the printer run correctly on your computer. To download this, go to Epson's website, select Windows Printer Driver, and click Download page.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Accept tickbox. Next, click the Download button
3. When this download is completed, open your Downloads folder, right-click on the file, and select Extract All...
Checkpoint 1: Not sure where to find the download? Go to explorer and select Downloads from the left-hand list. The download will also appear at the bottom of Google Chrome; click the arrow here and select Show in folder.
4. After extracting the file, a folder will open. Double-click on the install file and follow the installation guide instructions.
Once installed you will see a confirmation box. Close this and continue to the next step.
Installing your Epson Printer
Now we need to register the printer with your computer. To do this, navigate to Program Files (x86) > EPSON > EPSON Advanced Printer Driver 5 and select PrinterReg.
Alternatively, you can search your computer for printerreg.
You will be brought to the printer setup screen where you'll need to put in the following information:
1. Model: Select Epson TM-T88V under model.
2. Name: Type in a name of your choice or leave as default.
3. Port Type: Set this to USB.
4. Port: Leave this as Auto setup.
Once you've filled out these fields, click Save Settings. A test receipt will be printed confirming that the printer has been successfully set up.
Printing on Retail POS with Epson
Now that your EPSON is installed you can start using it to print your receipts in Retail POS.
To perform a test print:
1. Navigate to Sell > Sales history
2. Click a sale to expand it
3. Click Print receipt
4. Select the receipt template you’d like to use
This will take you to the print preview screen. If the Epson is not your default printer, click Change and select the printer from the list.
Once that's been changed you should be able to print out a receipt.
Connecting the Cash Drawer
Once you've got the printer all set up, you can connect up the cash drawer.
The cash drawer connects to your receipt printer and is triggered to open when you finish a cash or cheque sale and the receipt is printed by the printer.
To set up the cash drawer:
1. Plug the RJ12 connector cable (the one that looks similar to a phone line) from the cash drawer into the receipt printer.
2. Next, head to your Devices and Printers window on your computer.
3. Right-click on your receipt printer and select Printing preferences -> Peripherals.
4. Once in here, use the drop-down menu to select Cash Drawer.
5. Next, select End of Document and click Open on both Cash Drawer #1 and Cash Drawer #2
If you want your cash drawer to fire before the receipt prints you can select the Start of Document option instead.
5. Apply these settings and test it by performing a test print in Sales history