- Retail POS for Mac or PC
- TD payment terminal Ingenico Desk 5000
- Ethernet Port 8150
- Terminal mode set to semi-integrated
Create the payment type in Retail POS
- Log into the Retail POS store. Select the Setup tab
- Select Payment Types
- Select Add Payment Type
- Select TD Bank
- Select Begin Setup
Configure the payment type
- Name the payment type. (e.g. Credit/Debit)
- Click or press Save Payment Type
Pairing the terminal to Retail POS
Get the terminal ready to pair
- Connect the terminal to the network using an Ethernet cable
- Connect the terminal to the power cable
- Turn the terminal on
Note: The terminal must be connected to the same IP network/subnet as the Retail POS register
Pair the terminal to Retail POS
- Navigate to the Sell screen and add a product to the sale
- Click Pay
- Click the payment type created for TD
Note: If the payment bridge has not been installed already, Retail POS will prompt to download and install after the payment button is clicked.
Install the payment bridge
1. Click the payment button created for TD. The system will automatically detect the presence of the Payment Bridge Application and prompt the user to download and install if it is not installed. The prompt should auto-detect the OS you are installing the bridge on (Mac or Windows).
2. Once installed, the Payment Bridge Application will state "looking for payment terminals"
3. Once a payment terminal is found, the Payment Bridge Application will automatically pair it with your register and the transaction will be sent to the terminal
4. Proceed with taking payment for that first transaction on the terminal by using your own credit card. Once payment is authorized, Retail POS will automatically display a ‘Payment Received’ message
5. You can now do a second transaction, to refund your credit card for the amount charged in the first transaction
How do I know if my TD payment terminal is set to Semi-Integrated?
How do I change the terminal port on my TD payment terminal?