When trying to add the Star TSP100 LAN receipt printer to a Mac or a Windows PC, an error pops up that the IP address cannot be verified.
- Vend for Mac or PC
The printer is setup with a static IP address and is pointing to a different network than the one the Mac or Windows PC is connected to.
The receipt printer needs to reset, so that the IP address is changed to Dynamic:
- Make sure both the receipt printer and your device are on the same network connection
- Turn off the receipt printer
- Turn the printer upside down
- Remove the panel on the bottom with the small Phillips head screwdriver
- Turn off switch number 4 that is revealed under the panel
- Turn the receipt printer back on
- Wait 15 seconds until you hear the initialization noise from the printer
- Turn the receipt printer off
- Turn on switch number 4
- Put the panel back on and secure with the screw you had removed initially
This will reset the receipt printer and it's IP address will change to DHCP.