External printer driven cash drawer does not open or clicking continuously
- Retail POS for Mac or PC
- Retail POS on iPad
Cash drawers may not open automatically or make clicking sounds for the following reason:
- The cash drawer is not completely closed, jammed, or could be locked.
- The cash drawer is not set up to open during a print command
- The cash drawer interface cable is loose, damaged or not the correct cable type
- Confirm that the cash drawer isn’t locked.
- Verify that the printer is using the interface cable that came with it.
- Check for loose connections between the cash drawer and printer.
- Ensure the printer cable is oriented correctly with the 'To Printer' end connected to the printer and the 'To Drawer' end connected to the drawer. You can also try swapping these ends.
- Check the power on the printer, restart the whole setup.
- Go into the Retail POS app on the iPad and verify that the cash drawer is set to open whilst printing receipts. For MAC/PC this can be found under printer properties.
- Try using the manual eject latch on the bottom of the drawer to see if it's jammed.
If the steps above do not resolve the issue, please contact our support team here.
Configure a Star TSP100 or TSP143 printer to open the cash drawer (Windows & Mac)
How do I set my cash drawer to open automatically on iPad?