Whether you are pushing new Retail POS products to Shopify, pulling Shopify products into Retail POS, or are updating products that are already linked, only certain parts of a product sync between platforms.
- Once your Retail POS and Shopify accounts are connected, Retail POS becomes the system of record.
- You should manage your product catalogue, pricing and inventory information in Retail POS to ensure everything stays accurate and up-to-date.
- Shopify feeds important information back to Retail POS such as online sales, new customer or existing customer information associated with a sale, and inventory from a sale to keep stock levels in sync.
- Please click the following link for more on how to use the Shopify integration!
Product info that syncs:
|Supplier or Brand||Vendor|
|Handle||Handle (end of URL/product SEO)|
|Product type||Product type|
|Variant Name/Value||Option Value|
|Variant Attribute||Option Name|
|Stock Tracking||Off - N/A, On - On, product only sold when inventory > 0|
Product info that doesn't sync:
|N/A||Compare at price|
* Images send from Retail POS to Shopify on initial publish, but never after. For more, view the images section in the setting up Shopify products article.