Sending an on-account sale to Xero returns the error: "Payments can only be made against authorised documents"
- Retail POS for Mac or PC
- Xero Integration
- Invoice is not approved in Xero
- On account sales have payments on them before invoice is pushed through to Xero
Invoice is not approved in Xero
- Click Sales ledger
- Click the sale you need to sync to Xero
- Click Xero
- Click View on Xero
- Click Approve
On account sales have payments on them before invoice posted to Xero
- If a payment is applied to an on account sale before it has been posted to Xero, the sale can be voided and recreated, or;
- the payment removed from the sale and re-applied after posting to Xero.
To prevent this error from occurring, set invoices to post to Xero as approved in your Retail POS/Xero settings.