Receipt printers continuously feed out paper or prints blank, every time a print command is carried out and doesn't stop until the printer is turned off.
- Vend for PC or Mac
- Thermal Receipt Printer
- Paper is not thermal-coated
- Paper roll loaded upside down
- The print spooler or buffer queue overloaded-This occurs when you attempt to print repeatedly and print queue gets overload, Computer will keep piling up failed print jobs - Only part of the file or blank information is transmitted to the printer thus printing out long blank sheets and the printer will error out after a while.
The steps below are listed in order of complexity. Many printer issues can be resolved by restarting your computer and the Printer.
1. Paper is not thermal-coated
To verify that the roll is thermal-coated, scratch the surface of the paper with a coin or a pointed object. If the top coat shows a grey mark where the scratch was made, the paper was thermal-coated. If not please use thermal paper.
2. Paper roll loaded upside down
Please check if the paper is loaded properly - Refer the image below:
3. The print spooler or buffer queue overloaded
- Right click on the Windows icon in the bottom left.
- Open Devices and Printers.
- Right click on your printer icon, and select See what's printing.
- Right-click the document(s), and click Cancel.
- Restart the printer and attempt to reprint again.
If you find that some print jobs will not cancel, and are stuck as canceling/deleting, first try simply rebooting the computer, to see if it resolves. If not, you may need to Clear the Print spooler - Please follow the steps below:
- On the host, open the Run window by pressing the Windows logo key () + R.
- In the Run window, type services.msc
The Services window will be displayed.
- Scroll down to Print Spooler.
- Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.
- Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS and delete all files in the folder.
- In the Services window, restart the Print Spooler service by clicking Start in the left pane when Print Spooler is highlighted.
- Open the () Apple menu and go to System Preferences and choose Printers.
- Select the active printer and choose Open Print Queue button.
- Select and cancel the print job(s) as desired, canceling them and removing them from the printing queue.
Attempt to Print the receipt again.
A printer buffer is a temporary storage area that holds the data or documents to be printed by the printer. It is created and managed by the operating system or printing management software to enable storing print jobs data when multiple print jobs are assigned to a computer printer.
If the issue persists or you are stuck at any stage, Please contact Vend Support