Epson receipt printer troubleshooting printer hardware/software issue.
When a printer is unable to print it's a good possibility that either the printer is experiencing a hardware or software related issue. Before testing the software it is always recommended that the printer is tested for hardware issues first.
- Vend for PC
- Epson TM-T88V
- Epson TM-T82II (Ethernet)
- Epson TM-T82II (USB)
Testing the Hardware
- Check that paper is loaded and that there are no paper jams.
- Check the cable connections; both power and data/LAN/USB cables going from printer and to your computer.
- Ensure that the printer power indication light is on.
- Verify that the printer has no flashing lights or Red lights. It is common for printers to have red, or any other flashing lights when the printer is malfunctioning
- Attempt to run a self-test on the printer. Running a self-test should print a basic page of information indicating that the printer itself is working. Your users manual should have the instructions for printing a self-test. If your printer does not print a self-test it's a good possibility that there is a defect or misconfiguration with your printer, and you should contact the printer manufacturer here.
Testing the Software
- Install the printer driver for your specific printer model, see Epson's printer driver page for a list of printer drivers. Drivers are required for your printer to properly work with the Windows operating system.
- Click Start > Settings > Printers. Within the printer menu ensure that your printer manufacturer and/or model is listed.
- Print a test page by right-clicking the icon with the mouse, then click on Properties and click print test page. If the test page does not print download the latest drivers from your printer manufacturer. A listing of printer drivers can be found here.
- If the page prints successfully, get back into the printers window, right-click the printer and ensure that there is a tick next to Set as Default. Newer versions of Windows will also show a check next to the printer icon once it has been set as the default printer.
- Once the printer is set as default, click Start > Run and type Notepad and press enter. In Notepad, type a test message and click File and Print.
- If the printer prints successfully from note pad then try printing a receipt form Vend's Sale ledger - If you are still unable to print from Vend, it is likely that Google Chrome browser has an issue with printing or something further needs to be tested.
If you continue to experience difficulties with your Epson LAN/Ethernet/USB Printer or stuck at following the steps above - contact our Support Team who will be able to help you further.