A payment was approved on a payment terminal, but the sale is still awaiting payment on the Sell Screen on Vend.
- Vend for Mac or PC
- Vend on iPad
- Integrated payment terminal
Payment terminal fails to send approval back to Vend.
In some situations, you may run a sale through your payment terminal which is accepted, but Vend does not receive the confirmation. This usually occurs because of poor WI-FI speeds or the connectivity between your terminal and your Mac, PC or iPad.
- Contact your payment provider to confirm if the customer was charged or not
- If the customer was charged, click Park on the Sell Screen
- Click Sales Ledger
- Find the parked sale
- Click on the sale to expand it
- Click Apply payment/refund on the sale
- Select the payment type from the 'Payment type' drop-down
- Enter the amount paid into the 'Amount' field
- Select the register from the 'Register' drop-down
- Select the payment date from the 'Payment date' drop-down
- Select the payment time from the 'Payment time' drop-down
- Click Save
- These steps will record the payment in Vend, but this will not charge the customer. Your payment provider will be able to confirm if the charge was approved or not
- How to manually apply a payment to a sale
- If this issue is persistent contact your terminal providers support team or reach out to Vend support