Pro Enterprise | Standard Advanced
The Retail POS-BigCommerce integration shares product, inventory, customer and sales information between both systems, simplifying daily operations by saving time on manual admin and double-entry. Information is kept up-to-date between your online and physical stores, so you can be confident that you will only sell stock you have.
- Once your Retail POS and BigCommerce accounts are connected, Retail POS becomes the system of record.
- You should manage your product catalog, pricing, and inventory information in Retail POS to ensure everything stays accurate and up-to-date.
- BigCommerce feeds important information back to Retail POS such as online sales, new customer or existing customer information associated with a sale, and inventory from a sale to keep stock levels in sync.
- Please click the following link for more on how to use the BigCommerce integration!
New to BigCommerce
If you are new to BigCommerce, you will need to set up your account before connecting it to Retail POS. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. In Retail POS, open the Setup page, and click Apps.
2. Find the BigCommerce app and click Connect to Lightspeed.
3. This will take you to the Connect to BigCommerce page. Click on I don't have a BigCommerce account. Click Find out more if you would like to learn more about using BigCommerce with Retail POS. This will take you to a new page where you will be able to learn more about the integration.
Once you have set up your BigCommerce account, you are all set to connect your store with Retail POS
Things to check before integrating
- For Retail POS users, the BigCommerce integration is only available on the Pro and Enterprise, and Standard and Advanced plans. If you’re on a Lite or Lean plan, you’ll need to upgrade to connect your Retail POS store to BigCommerce.
- You will need your BigCommerce store URL and your login credentials to set up the Retail POS-BigCommerce integration.
- Make sure you have set up all the products you need before activating the Integration. If you have products on both platforms, make sure their SKUs match.
- We recommend you take a backup of any product data in either system before you begin. You can export your Retail POS products on the Catalog page and you can export your BigCommerce products on their Product page.
- Any third-party BigCommerce app that changes your prices or SKUs will cause problems. Please test this thoroughly before switching on another integration to your BigCommerce store when linked with Retail POS.
- We recommend creating a separate payment type just for BigCommerce orders.
- We recommend setting up a new register in Retail POS in the outlet you want to link to BigCommerce. This is because sales made in BigCommerce after you close your store’s register for the day will re-open the register. Setting up a separate register ensures all your reporting is clear.
Setting it up
1. In Retail POS, navigate to Setup > Apps.
2. Find the BigCommerce app in the Sell Online section and click Connect to Lightspeed.
3. Select Yes, I have an account and click Next
4. Follow the BigCommerce steps to sign in to your BigCommerce Account.
5. Select a Default payment type from the dropdown. This will be the default for any payments processed in BigCommerce.
Once setup, you can also map individual payment types you wish to record separately in Retail POS. Refer to our Mapping Payment Types from BigCommerce to Retail POS (X-Series) guide for further information.
6. Select a register to record BigCommerce sales against. We recommend setting up a new BigCommerce register to track online sales separately from your in-store purchases. To learn how to set up a new register, refer to our Adding a New Register guide.
7. Select one or more outlets to sync your inventory with BigCommerce. The outlet associated with the Register you selected will already be greyed-out. If you would like to select more than one outlet, refer to our Multi-Outlet inventory with the BigCommerce integration guide.
8. If you want to allow customers to redeem BigCommerce Gift Certificates in-store, you’ll need to enable this feature by updating permissions.
Once you’ve updated permissions, make sure that the feature is checked.
11. Click Connect BigCommerce.
By selecting Back, this will take you to the start of the process, and you will have to input all the fields again.
Testing your integration
At this point, we recommend running through some test scenarios to make sure your integration is working as intended.
For a detailed breakdown of those scenarios, refer to our Checklist for testing your BigCommerce Integration guide.
At this point, your BigCommerce account is now connected and ready for the next stages of the setup. Find below a list of the next things to get your BigCommerce integration up and running!
- How to use the BigCommerce integration
- How to set up taxes
- Multi-Outlet inventory
- Setting up products
- Linking existing Retail POS (X-Series) and BigCommerce products
- What product info syncs with BigCommerce?
- Managing products
- Adding or adjusting inventory for linked products
- How BigCommerce orders work
- Using BigCommerce Gift Certificates