To change the interface to USB on an Epson TM-T82II Ethernet receipt printer using the built-in features. The default setting may be Ethernet, hence the interface needs to be switched before it can be used as a USB printer.
- Vend for Mac or PC
- Switch off the Printer using the power switch.
- Press and hold down the feed button, turn the power switch back on. This will now print out a test page that will read the Interface as Ethernet/Wi-Fi
- Press and hold down the feed button for 3 Seconds until it does a short print out, then release
- Press the feed button 3 times (under one second) continuously then press and hold down the feed button - once it prints, release the feed button.
- The print out will read that 'Option 17 - Interface Selection' (In other models this may be Option 4) - This will allow you to change the interface to USB or back to ethernet.
- Continuously press the feed button 17 times and then hold down the feed button until the next print out starts - once it prints, release the feed button.
- The print out will read Select Option 2 - USB Mode.
- Press the feed button 2 times and hold it down again until it prints. This print out a short and a long print out.
- The following message will appear on the print out if successful: Interface Selection: USB/Saved.
- Turn the printer off at the switch and then turn it back on again. Now the printer is ready to be connected.
You will require a USB A to USB B Cable which is usually NOT included in the box.
Before connecting your printer to your PC or Mac, we recommend installing the drivers first, then when prompted from the installation (on windows) you can turn the receipt printer on. You will hear a sound that indicates a USB device has been connected and if this is the case, you have completed the interface setting correctly.