After uploading a CSV file to Retail POS, it is taking longer than expected for items to be updated or added.
- Retail POS for PC or Mac
- Retail POS on iPad
The most common cause of a slow upload is a large CSV file containing thousands of rows (this would normally take a longer amount of time to upload compared to a smaller file).
Other causes include:
- Slow internet speed
- Using a browser other than Chrome
- Incorrect/truncated SKUs
- Refresh page to ensure the number is still growing (if adding new products/customers)
- Conduct an internet speed test to ensure computer is running efficiently
- Switch to Chrome browser
- Clear cache to free up space
- Split CSV into two smaller files
How to perform an internet speed test
How to clear cache on Chrome browser