The Socket Mobile S700 scanner is currently experiencing issues scanning Bookland EAN codes. These codes are used globally for books and begin with the numbers “978”.
The Socket Mobile S740 scanner is unaffected by this issue and Socket Mobile recommend that retailers with affected S700 scanners reach out to their supplier to get the model replaced.
For all queries related to this issue, please contact the Socket Mobile support team.
Resolve issues with your Barcode Scanner not scanning products onto the Sell Screen
- Vend on iPad
- Socket Mobile Scanner 7Ci/7Qi or S700/S740
1) Unpair the device and reset it to factory default settings
Press and hold on the two buttons on the scanner for 3-4 seconds until you hear three beeps
You can print the Barcode below and scan it to reset the Barcode scanner to factory settings
Alternatively you can reset the scanner by doing the following:
2) Remove the scanner from your iPad Bluetooth settings
- Open your iPad Settings App
- Tap Bluetooth
- Tap the 'i' next to the device name
- Tap Forget device
3) Reboot your iPad
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds
- Wait until you see Slide to Power Off appear on your screen
- Swipe the Slide to Power Off slider
- Press the power button again and wait for your device to turn on
4) Pair your Sock Mobile Scanner with your iPad again
- Setting up your Socket Mobile Scanner for Mac, iPad and PC
- If you aren't able to hear the scanner beep more than once while pressing the scanner buttons, it means it is low on battery. Please ensure that your scanner is fully charged before attempting the troubleshooting steps above.