Star TSP 100III USB Setup for iPad
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to install a Star TSP100IIIU for iPad
In order to set up your receipt printer with your iPad you'll first need to make sure you have all the peripherals needed.
You will need a power cable and Lightning to USB cable (the one you use to charge your iPad) connected to the back of the printer.
Make sure you've got some 80mm receipt rolls ready to go. To load your receipt roll open the latch on the top right of the printer, place the roll inside and pull some of the paper through before closing the lid.
Cash Drawer (Optional):
You may also wish to set up your cash drawer at the same time, to do this you'll need a specialized cash drawer cable. This is similar looking to an ethernet cable but is smaller on one end.
iPad iOS (Mandatory)
Make sure that the iPad is up to date, and there are no pending updates. To view this, tap Settings > General > Software Update
For more information on iOS support, please click here
Connecting your Star TSP100III USB printer to your iPad
- Connect the smaller lightning end of your cable into your iPad
- Open the Vend iPad app and Tap the menu icon. The sidebar will open.
- Tap Settings
- Tap Hardware
- Tap Add Printer to generate the “add a printer” form:
6. Tap the blue Find button.
7. Select your printer from the list
8. Select a name for your printer. This can be anything you choose such as “Cashier 1” or “Receipt Printer”. Include your selection in the “name” field.
9. Select one of the following receipt options:
- a standard receipt - this is a typical end-of-sale receipt.
- a secondary receipt - this is a receipt that only prints certain items.
10. Choose whether you'd like your receipts to be printed automatically. If you don't automatically print a receipt, you won't be able to manually print one during the sale.
11. Choose the number of receipt copies you’d like to print for each sale
12. Tap Save to add your printer.
Setup your Cash Drawer:
Once you've got the printer all set up, you can connect up the cash drawer.
The cash drawer connects to your receipt printer, and is triggered to open when you finish a cash or cheque sale and the receipt is printed by the printer. A manager or admin can also manually open the cash drawer directly within Vend.
To setup the Cash Drawer, open up the Vend Register app and follow the instructions below:
1. Tap the menu button to open the sidebar menu.
2. Tap Settings and choose Hardware
3. Select the printer you want to attach the cash drawer to
4. Plug the RJ12 connector cable (the one that looks like a phone line) from the cash drawer into the receipt printer
5. On the printer settings page, toggle the Cash drawer enabled setting to 'on'
6. Toggle the Open cash on sale setting to 'on'.